Journal Part 5

(December 3rd)

It has been five weeks since I began working with Yotsuba. Five weeks since I made the important first steps into getting Higuchi to confess to me.

It has been painfully slow, forcing me to give up my time with my boyfriend in order to pretend to be dating the perverted Higuchi.

There were times I would try to lock myself in my 

room, unable to face the man I was falling in love with, ashamed of some of the things I was making myself do.

L would always find me on these bad days and just hold me close and show me how much he loves me and tells me how brave and strong he thinks I am to be doing all this, just to save him.

Today however, everything will change for us. Because today is the day that shows that all my work on Higuchi hasn't been for nothing.

I was supposed to be having a day off of my modeling job, which just meant that I was working with my soulmate and the rest of the men investigating Kira, when I got a call from Higuchi, who wanted to meet with me when he left for work.

Now, I'm on my way back to Headquarters with the biggest smile on my face.

It was already late when I parked my car in the underground garage, so I knew L should be the only one in the monitor room.

Sure enough, when I finally got through his security and made it to our main workroom, the raven-haired detective was standing by the door with his arms open for me.

Tossing my bag to the floor, I grabbed my boyfriend and pulled him close, laughing in glee, before tugging him towards the elevator, grabbing my bag before heading up to his floor.

Once inside his rooms he led me to the couch, and crouched down before the conversation began.

"I take it from your reaction that you have been able to make progress with Kira?"

"You can say that. It was surprising, because Higuchi drove me to his house." I began, and his eyes widened.

"You were in his house?!" He asked, shocked, considering that even Weddy hadn't been able to get in. "What happened? Are you okay? He didn't do anything to you, did he?"

"Calm down love, I'm fine and Higuchi didn't do anything to me, except give me an early Christmas present."

"An early Christmas present?"

"Yeah, he pretty much confirmed to me that he is Kira. Of course I had no way to record the conversation due to all of his security. It pretty much fried my cellphone. Anyway, he told me that he finally trusted me enough to tell me that he is Kira, and that he wanted me to help him change the world.

"He said that he knew you were still out searching for Kira, and that it is only a matter of time before you figure out that the new Kira was working for Yotsuba. He wants to have someone he can trust to continue his work in case he gets caught."

"He wants you to be that someone."

"Yes. He wants me to become not just his Second Kira. Higuchi told me that he found something that I can use to help him reach his ultimate goals. This is the early present he wanted to give me."

I then stuck my hand in my bag to retrieve a nondescript box. I handed him the slightly dirty box and watched him open it, to find a black notebook with the words Death Note written on it in English.

"This is how Kira kills. Higuchi told me that all I need to do is write down the name of the person I want to kill, while picturing their face in my mind. That will kill the person with a heart attack. However, if I want the death to go unnoticed, I can also write a different cause of death, like a car accident."

He looked at the notebook, and I could tell that he was unnerved by the thought of a killer notebook.

"There is something in there too, something you'll wantto see. Go ahead and open it."

He did so, and found a letter in Light's handwriting, implicating himself, as well as proving what he had planned for Misa if she had remained close to him.

"You said that this was an early Christmas present."

"Yes, and you're not going to like this next part." I began, and he looked back up at me.

"I won't just be his Second Kira, but his Queen as well. Now that he believes me to be a Kira supporter, he is getting more power hungry. He is planning to take a 

couple of weeks off around Christmas so that he can marry me. Then when he returns to Yotsuba, he plans 

on coming out as Kira, the new god."

I watched as the man sat there in shock. I pulled him him close to me, wrapping my arms around him as I told him that we can make plans to arrest him and finish this investigation.

"We're a few steps ahead of them now. We have Light's Death Note. We have the letter in his handwriting telling Misa to kill you. We also know what Higuchi is going to do next, and we have a couple of weeks to make plans to capture him. We can do this L. I know we can."

We spent the rest of the night coming up with various plans that would allow us to arrest Higuchi before I could be forced into marrying him.