𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 - 16

Noises similar to the screams of children awaken me from a sleep so beautiful that until last night it seemed to me just something far away from me

I slowly open my eyes to get used to the light entering the room through the slots of the shutters. I look at the time and it's 12:35 pm, I can't believe we slept so much... I honestly think I've never slept for eleven consecutive hours, but I can get used to it.

I'm still in Rye's arms and I've never felt so safe before. Our fingers are still intertwined even though we changed position during the night, in fact now we are no longer on one side but we are both on our back and I have my head resting on his chest which slowly moves up and down due to his light breathing.

His hair is disheveled and makes him even cuter, his eyes are closed but I know perfectly well that under those lids there are two spectacular eyes. It has happened to me many times that I have to deal with people who were convinced that you had to have special eyes to have beautiful eyes, but I never believed it. My theory was then confirmed when our eyes met on the first day of school, that day I was no longer able to forget his eyes and obviously him in general. With each passing day I found myself more and more intrigued by this boy who was so extraordinarily simple compared to all of our other schoolmates, which I think is precisely one of the reasons why I have always been so attracted to him.

I hear the door open and I turn suddenly, in front of me there is a lady who looks very sweet and has a beautiful smile on her face "Sorry, I didn't know you were sleeping, lunch is ready soon, you stay to eat with us? "

"Oh... I don't want to disturb" our hands are still intertwined but since they are under the blanket there is no reason to take my hand off it.

"Don't bother, we'd love to have you for lunch with us" she smiles sweetly and leaves only after having my confirmation that I'm staying for lunch.

I moved slowly and although I tried everything not to wake him up, I failed in my attempt.

"Good morning" his voice asleep and the way he rubbed his eyes made him even more adorable. It would be wonderful to be able to wake up like this every morning.

"Good morning" I turn around better to be able to give him a kiss on the cheek. He holds me close and gives me a sweet kiss on the lips, I've never woken up so well and I could dangerously get used to it. "Your mom told me lunch is almost ready"

"Has my mom been here?" he asks, widening his eyes.

"Yes why?" I might know what the problem is but it's not fair to jump to conclusions.

"I'm not ready to face that conversation with my family" I can understand that he is not ready to tackle such a delicate subject that concerns him personally, it would probably be the same for me too if I were to find myself in the same situation as him. Pushing him into saying or doing things that he does not feel ready to face is not the right thing to do, on the contrary it's right to be close to him and help him where I can help him and where I cannot, I can still try.