𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 - 64

"I made a bet"

"I made a bet"

"A bet?" I am confused, I cannot understand what he is talking about. Not forgetting that he is not the first person to make a bet. Bets are stupid, in every sense, and people, for some strange reason, are drawn to them. "What do you mean you made a bet?" his friends and his girlfriend laugh, making me feel even more uncomfortable. I feel my hands sweating, my heart rate increases. I still haven't recovered from what just happened. Let's be honest, I will never recover.

He takes my hand, dragging me out of the nightclub.

"In December I made a bet" his bright eyes are on me, my brain begins to understand but I do everything to convince myself that what I think is not what really happened. It can not be true, right? A person can't be that cruel, right? He can't, tell me he can't... "I was supposed to be best friends with a school boy before Noah. There was no prize, it was for the simple reason that we were bored" an avalanche just crashed on me. The last person I had left turned out to be another person. What have I done? Why me? I can not understand. I can not do it. This is all too much for me. It's psychologically and physically impossible. The pain is overwhelming me. Perhaps it's precisely the avalanche that has fallen on me that in reality is only pain upon pain. But I can't cry. I can't fall apart in front of him. I don't want to give him this satisfaction. I can not.

"I hope you enjoyed it because the game has just ended"

"Andy I'm sorry"

"Yeah, sure, right"

"Really"

"How can you expect me to believe you?" I lower my head, a tear is streaming down my cheek. I can not. No, not right now. I have months to cry.

"I wanted to tell you first but then you told me you were expecting a baby and the-"

"Shut up!" the few people who are smoking and talking on the entrance steps turn to me, looking at me as if I were a madman. "Do me the favor and shut the fuck up!"

"Please, Andy-"

"Shut up!"

I'm leaving, just hoping to be awakened from this nightmare.

"Where are you going?!" I don't say anything, I turn around with the middle finger raised, without stopping walking. "Andy please, it takes almost an hour by car to get to your house"

My heart has always hosted a few people. The first ever was my mom, she will always have the best place, then Ryan and Samuel arrived, they will always be in the central place, next to my mom, then Jack, Brook, Sonny and Harper. Seven people in seventeen years of my life. My mom is dead, one empty spot, Rye, I had to kick him out, another empty spot, Samuel is dead, another empty spot and so on until the last one. His was the only one left. Now that one too is empty.
My heart is completely empty, as if it no longer exists.
Physically it's still there, full of cracks but still functional. But it's empty. Inside I feel empty, there is nothing. The last glimmer of happiness has vanished.