𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 - 112

"Come on baby, please, what's wrong, huh?"

I keep rocking her as I can, trying my best to make her stop crying. I honestly don't have a clue what she has. I fed her, she slept, she woke up crying, I fed her again, I managed to get her back to sleep and she continued to sleep and fall asleep again with intervals of about thirty minutes.

Tonight she let me sleep for a total of three hours, starting to cry at one in the morning and only stopping while she ate. Rye tried to do his best, he really tried. The first time he told me that he would take care of it, but once he picked her up she just started crying more. It was a real hysterical cry, I wonder how she doesn't have a sore throat at this point. After about fifteen minutes of trying to calm her down, Rye just gave up, realizing he couldn't, so I picked her up and she calmed down in a few minutes, then I fed her, because it was almost time to feed her anyway. .

"Can you tell me what you have?" What kind of question is it? She doesn't speak, Andy...

I hardly saw the bed anymore, Luce needed me all night, so I simply decided to stay seated on the sofa, finding a comfortable position for both of us. As soon as my eyes dared to close she began to cry. Rye sat down on the sofa next to us, giving me a few massages from time to time, bringing me water when I needed it and making me a sandwich when I got hungry. Eventually he went to sleep around five.

When I woke up at eight, that is, when Luce woke me up at eight, I found myself in an empty bed. I didn't have time to think about finding Rye. I picked up Luce in my arms and gave her the milk. It wasn't until she finished eating that I got up with her still in my arms and went to check where Rye was. The letter on the kitchen table was definitely enough to let me know he wasn't home.

I went to work. The boss needs me.

I love you.

He didn't have to go to work and I know that because he told me this is what the boss told him, but he decided to go anyway because of what is happening at home.

We spent a lot of time together, of course, but the point is that he didn't have the opportunity to pick up our little girl because as soon as he takes her she starts to cry. We have not yet understood why, but there is a sort of connection that triggers something in Luce as soon as her dad takes her in his arms. To avoid making her cry, of course, he doesn't just pick her up, knowing that making her cry just to be able to have her in his arms leads nowhere.

We really feel bad about it. We waited so long to be able to have our baby in our arms, we wanted the same thing with Samuel, but it didn't come true. Now that our little girl is here with us, he can't be with her as he would like and that's why he is suffering so much.

On his face you can see the sad expression, but he doesn't dare to show too much what he really feels and this is hurting him even more. He didn't let go of a single tear, maybe he thought that Luce's crying was enough and indeed it is, but if crying is good for him then I could beg him to do it.