𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 - 170

I knew my children would be beautiful, two creatures so beautiful that they could almost seem fake, but the two children that the person I love has brought into the world are something more

He fell asleep an hour ago because they were both crying and I could sleep too but the only thing I can do is admire them both sleeping peacefully in my arms. I just can't put them in their cribs, they are too beautiful. There's just a part of me that still can't process that I, Ryan Beaumont, am the dad of not one but three children. Three children, three blessings who came into the world thanks to our love and who made our lives the most beautiful in the world.

Noah looks so much like me with his dark wavy hair just like when I was little and then there are his eyes which are exactly the same colour as mine, but shaped slightly more like Andy's eyes. His hands and fingers are also like mine, twelve times smaller, but with the same shape and contour around the nails. The shape of the nose is like mine, only in miniature and his cheeks, on the other hand, are like Andy's and they are soft like a squishy, I love them. We can say that Noah is 99% similar to me. The more I look at him, the more I find it amazing how the person I love gave life to a mini me, only a hundred times more beautiful.

And then there's Arya sleeping peacefully with the pacifier in her mouth, her tiny hand squeezing my thumb. Yes, just like Luce did when she was born. She squeezes my thumb almost as if to make sure I'm still here, Luce still does it and again my heart fills with love, kind of like the first time.

The first time I saw Andy's eyes I was sure I'd never seen more beautiful eyes, I was sure of it with every inch of my body, but it didn't take him long to change my mind. In less than two years with our three little masterpieces he made me change my mind. But if I had to choose... I wouldn't know how to choose. How could I ever choose? Between Andy's ocean eyes, Luce and Noah's hazel eyes, and Arya's blue eyes with little green tinges...

I move my gaze towards the bouquet that I ran to get that January day when our children were born. It is a very special flower bouquet as it is made up of two white roses, two pink peonies, two blue hydrangeas, two English roses and two yellow orchids. These are the flowers that filled the church on our wedding day, almost four months ago and now I associate them with one of the best days of my life and I couldn't give Andy any other flowers than these on a special day like the birth of our two blessings.

When the clock on my bedside table strikes seven in the morning I get out of bed because it's time to start our day. Today is not a day like any other, but it is a special day because Andy turns twenty. I always treat him as if he were my prince, my king and so I'll do today, just a little bit more than usual.

I let Noah and Arya continue to sleep in their stroller after sleeping on my lap for a full hour. I could let them sleep alone in their room, leaving the door open and with the baby monitor on, but the truth is, it's too hard for me to let them sleep alone. I'm always afraid that something might happen and if I'm not there with them and I don't notice it... the thought alone makes me sick.