𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 - 39

He opens the front door, all dark and hotter than I expected, until he turns on the light

"Surprise!" a chorus of voices comes out of nowhere, some have a trumpet and whistle, others have a hat all colored and with stars on it.

The house is full of blue and pink balloons, a table, where his father's furniture used to be, is full of drinks and food. And finally a mega festoon with the words "Happy Birthday Rye".

I immediately find myself in my mother's arms, we haven't seen each other for a few days and I feel like I saw her an eternity ago. I inhale her sweet scent, just like that of the other time, the same scent with which I grew up over the years. Immediately after it's my brother's turn and he too hugs me tightly to him.

"Ryeee" Shaun and Sammie pounce on me and I can't help but hug them tightly. I have missed all of them a lot, although I left home two days ago, it is still as if five times the time has passed. I look quickly among the guests but not even a trace of my dad, after all he made his choice of him and I made mine.

Andy turns on the bluetooth and starts the first song on the playlist that he created just for me. He said there are the songs I love and some of our songs.

Honestly, I didn't expect it, there was nothing that could make me understand that my boyfriend was planning a surprise party for me. And when you think about it, it's kind of weird because we've spent pretty much all the time together. It can't have been easy for him.

"I'm sorry, Dad didn't come"

"He was not among the guests" I reply dryly, continuing to drink the coke in my glass.

"This house is very beautiful" my brother intervenes, changing the subject. I look around and only at this moment do I realize that in the room above this wall the conception of my child took place, which is still the size of a nut, or almost, but it is still my baby.

"It is," I reply smiling.

My mom wanders off to get a drink leaving me alone with Robbie.

I look around observing all the people around me.

Andy is talking to Sonny and his girlfriend, Jack and Brook are now arguing with my mom about which is the better pie of the two, Shaun and Sammie are eating chips on chips while laughing at jokes that only they know.

It's nice. All of this is exactly what I could call a perfect day.

"What happened today? Sonny told me that Andy was not well"

"Everything is good, it was just low blood pressure"

"And you forced him to call the ambulance for this?" he asks quietly, with no intention of judging my choice.

"Yes, I was afraid it could be something more. Always better to be sure"

"True" he says, drinking his water "I'm going to stop those two before they run out of all the chips"