𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 - 133

"Rye?" strange noises come out of his mouth, his arms cling even more to me

"Rye?" strange noises come out of his mouth, his arms cling even more to me. "Baby"

"Mmm?"

"Wake up"

"Why?"

"The little one"

"What?" his concern takes shape on his face, his eyes are shining with tears. "What happens?"

"Hey, nothing happened"

"You woke me up saying that-"

"Look" I pull up my shirt, uncovering the abdomen and revealing the shape of my belly or as I love to call it my bump.

"Oh wow"

"Yesterday it wasn't like that"

"How do you make me so happy?" he rests his head on my bump, leaving small caresses with his left hand, while my fingers sink into the softness of his hair. "It's our baby"

"Yes my little one, it is our baby" I hold back my tears, wanting to fully enjoy the genuineness of a sweet moment like this.

"I have twenty-three days more than you"

"You will always remain my little one"

"Not even nine weeks and it already shows so much"

"Imagine forty weeks..." I really didn't miss vomiting, the general pain in the whole body, the constant desire for food, but I love all of this. Eventually, this is exactly how I am at the peak of happiness.

I missed my bump so much, now it's still small but it shows up a lot, more than I expected. With Luce, at eight weeks, my bump wasn't that big, but it's also true that not all pregnancies are the same.

"Today mom and dad will see you for the first time in a long time" I feel his smile in contact with my skin. "Last time you were so small that you looked like a small dot"

"A poppy seed, you were this size"

"Do you know you have a little sister?" he raises his eyes towards me, losing himself, afterwards, for a few seconds in the beauty of our little girl. She is sleeping peacefully next to us, one hand wrapped around her dad's pillowcase, her head resting on one of my shirts. Smelling our scent while she sleeps means a lot to her and we honestly can't blame her, it's the same for us too. "You'll like her. Her name is Luce because she is the light of our life, but soon you will be too. When you are grown up we will tell you how much happiness you have brought into the darkness that suddenly darkened our life."

And I watch him as he talks to our baby, the sweetness with which every single word comes out of his mouth sounds like a melody to my ears.
His hair is still messy, the air on his face is still sleepy, his eyes can barely stay open.

"The day after tomorrow we will have a big dinner, we invite everyone and everyone will know about the new arrival in the family"

***