𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 - 119

"My baby, please, I'm beggin you"

"Try to rock her"

"Could she be hungry?"

"She ate three minutes ago"

"Has it only been three minutes?" he asks desperately.

He hugs the baby to him, unable to do anything other than cry.

It's the third time that Luce wakes us up in the middle of the night crying and we are exhausted. Three hours of sleep is definitely not enough to get you through the day.

The point is, we can't even complain that much; there are children who never sleep and their crying becomes a real constant in the life of the family.

Luce is good, she sleeps when she should sleep, eats when she has to eat, plays and socializes with everyone without any problems, she practically never has a tantrum, but there are nights when she wakes up in the middle of the night and starts crying. like a desperate one. We can't wait for these damn colics to end. It's painful to see her this way and we have no idea what to do to relieve her pain.

"Come love, I'll take her" I wipe his tears, taking the baby from his arms and letting him go to our room.

***

"I can't believe it"

"I'll take care of it, love, now I'm going"

"No I'm going"

"In an hour I have to wake up, anyway, don't worry"

"I love you"

"I love you too"

He takes Luce from her spot, where I put her asleep fifteen minutes ago, after two hours spent trying to make her stop crying.

She stops crying as soon as she feels his arms and the warmth of his dad envelops her. She curls up close to her dad's chest, taking a little of his shirt with one hand and squeezing it as if she doesn't want to let go.

He leaves a big kiss on her thick hair, her eyes closed as he continues to rock her, leading her to sleep more and more.

"You're beautiful" he whispers, leaving a few caresses in between. "You are our beautiful little girl"

He slowly places her on our bed, next to him when he's sure she'll sleep, crawling under the blanket soon after.

"You have forty-five minutes before the alarm goes off"

"I'm so tired" he wraps his arms around my waist, placing his hands on my belly and leaving me a kiss behind the ear. "I love you"

"I love you too"

***

I wake up the way I've always preferred: in his arms.

His arms hold me tight to him and transmit a form of warmth that not even the blankets can pass me.