𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 - 169

The clock hanging on the wall marks three in the morning and so three hours that I spent between contractions and severe pain

The clock hanging on the wall marks three in the morning and so three hours that I spent between contractions and severe pain. Somehow the situation seems luckily to be better now, but that doesn't mean that another contraction or even a series of contractions could come in a few minutes.

My belly's hard and my weak legs struggle to hold my weight now that he can't hold me with his strength.

I feel the hot, sweaty fabric of my shirt touch my skin as he gently undresses me. I can feel his eyes burning on my skin with love as my body becomes more and more at the mercy of the air and exposed to his sweet smile.

"What?"

"You're so beautiful that sometimes I forget how to breathe." The tenderness and sincerity in his words is what fills my heart with love, but his next move is what reminds me that I truly am one of the luckiest people in the world. "And as much as I can't wait to meet our babies, I have to be honest and admit that I'll miss your baby bump a lot." After leaving a kiss right in the centre of my belly he proceeds to leave another one and another one again until the entire surface of it is filled with his tender kisses.

I feel supported by his strong arms while my body is as if broken in two by the umpteenth contraction.

It all leads me to that hot July day when our little girl was born, the only difference is that now I know what I have to do and what I'm getting into. That day I was terrified because I didn't know what to do even though both he and I had been preparing for months and months, a bit like when you study for a test and you seem to forget everything at the last minute. I have never felt so much pain in my entire life and I really hope that this time God and my prayers can really help me.

The water is warm, the lights are dim, and soft music is playing in the background to help create the calmest atmosphere. He did all this for me, to help me relax and better face a delicate moment like this.

Carefully, Rye helps me into the tub, gently supporting me as he sits me down. He holds my hand and looks into my eyes with love and support, comforting me and above all making me feel protected, just like every moment spent by his side.

While the water envelops my body, I feel the heat slowly relieving any pain helped by the soft music in the background and his sweet and romantic massages. I feel the soft touch of his hands gently brushing mine, gently massaging my shoulders, neck and back to relieve the tension.

"Do you like it?"

"You're doing amazingly amazing." I could never have had a better and more suitable person by my side during such a moment. As difficult as all of this is, he just makes it easier.

Just when I least expect it his hands start massaging my bump, travelling free and covering every single inch they can reach. Massages accompanied by affectionate kisses left on my shoulders and for the first time in hours and hours it's not the contractions that run through my body, but the shivers of pleasure.