𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 - 135

The smile on his lips, right now, is simply unique

He keeps playing with my bump, sinking his face into it, leaving kisses, pretending to knock and using the marker to draw silly and adorable drawings.

His eyes are full of happiness, his smile shines like crystal clear water glistens in contact with the sun's rays. His eyes are the same eyes I fell in love with on the first day of school, they're just more beautiful and less sad. Three years ago I was reading completely different things in his eyes, now there are only beautiful things.

Luce crawls on the bed next to us, walking over to her dad to see what he’s doing. Until a few seconds ago she was playing with her games. Before we built a tower taller than her and the part that she liked most was knocking it down. She laughed so hard when she saw all the pieces fall to the ground.

"What is dad doing?" she looks at me thoughtfully, the smile, however, doesn’t leave her lips. Her large eyes, identical to those of her dad , are aimed at me.

"Have you seen what is there?" On hearing her dad's voice, her attention turns to him. She places her little hand on my bump, leaving it there without saying or doing anything. She smiles, she likes to see how round my bump is getting. "There are your little brothers in here"

"Mama"

"Have you seen it Luce?" sitting funny, Rye gives way to her, sitting next to me and looking at our little girl together. She, curious, begins to touch my bump, trying to understand even if eventually she will not come to any conclusion.

With her right hand she touches my navel, finding it, for some reason, funny. And then she laughs and laughs, sticking her little finger into it. Then she begins to find it almost fascinating the fact that my bump is round, so with her little hands she leaves many small caresses. Her touch is so light, but also very tender, that it almost tickles me.

***

"Dada!" she screams in her small voice, we have no idea where she finds the strength to scream.

Rye takes both of her hands and together they walk up to me. The smile on their lips lights up the whole room, sending inside me the constant shocks of an emotion that is a mixture of many things.
As soon as they reach me, I pick her up and we step into the bathtub together.

Bathing with her is beautiful. We don't particularly like the part where you have to dry the practically flooded floor and clean up all the mess that is created. Seeing our little girl so happy and playing with her in a moment like this, however, erases everything else.

My arms hold her close to me, allowing her to stay in a sitting position on my legs. She plays with soap and water, her main source of entertainment.

“I'm the soap lord.” Luce laughs when she sees her dad with a fake soap beard. With her hands she reaches out towards him, wanting to touch this thick beard made only and exclusively of soap.