𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 - 23

All the guests have arrived and my uncle, my mother's brother, has also brought his girlfriend with him, which I am not surprised that she is a different person from the last time, at least this time she is not five years older than me

My aunt Anne, when she found out that Andy is passionate about music and can play piano and guitar, she practically stole him and started talking to him. He seemed quite embarrassed at first but then my aunt has precisely this power to make everyone feel at ease and so now they are talking as if they have known each other for years.

I haven't told anyone yet that Andy is my boyfriend, but if the opportunity arises, and it will happen, I don't see why to keep it hidden.

***

Dinner begun and honestly I thought worse, my uncle has not yet had the opportunity to ask me if I have a girlfriend, my cousin seems to like Andy a little too much and instead my cousin is quiet as usual and talks to everyone as always .

"It's really nice to be here with you today" Andy says in a low voice, so only I could hear him "If you hadn't invited me I would have spent the evening alone eating probably the leftovers from the other days" he takes my hand holding it on my leg.

I know his dad is a bad person and he doesn't treat him well, I just can't get over the fact that a person can treat their child in this horrible way. I have to do something before the situation can completely get out of hand, he has already hurt him and I don't think I could forgive myself that it could happen again without me doing something first.

"Andy, what do you like to do?" my uncle asks out of the blue.

I feel the grip of his hand tightens a little heavier "I really like playing the guitar and the piano and cooking, but playing in particular, as I said to your wife is my passion" there is an exchange of smiles that I could not even describe , but seeing Andy getting more and more comfortable is indescribably beautiful.

"From the way he talks about it I have to confirm everything" my aunt says smiling.

“Andrew, do you like engines? Have you ever helped your father fix an engine or something like that?" his grip quickly becomes lighter until it falls completely between the small space between our two chairs. Right now I feel like a void inside me.

"Dad..." I had already told my parents that he and his dad don't have a good relationship and seeing how now my dad brought the subject to the table as if nothing had happened makes me feel a mix of anger and pain.

I look at Andy but he looks down and then I take his hand again making him understand that I am there "No, I... my dad has never taught me anything of this kind" he admits in a low voice, looking at the food on his plate. 

"What is the song you like to play the most on the piano?" my aunt asks, changing the subject.

"Always on my mind by Elvis Presley, my mom taught me" he replies with a hint of a smile.