𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 - 104

"Hey"

"Hey"

"Hey, you're here" I hug him as I can, the bump in the middle doesn't make it very easy to hug people.

"Has he already entered?"

"Yep, fifteen minutes ago"

"He should end in no time"

"I don't know..." I bite my lip, letting Sonny know how nervous I am. Biting my lip is something I've always done, a habit. In all situations where I am embarrassed, uncomfortable, nervous, sad, I bite my lip, but it's something that has not happened in a long time, for the simple reason that I have not been in any of these situations for a long time. A long time after february...

"It'll be fine" he wraps his arms around my waist, resting his chin on my head.

"I hope so, he spent the last week studying day and night for this exam, I haven't seen him do anything else"

We knew the oral exam would come, so we prepared a lot, day and night. The nights when Luce made it terribly difficult for me to sleep, I closed the kitchen door, sat down at the table and opened the book to review everything I had to say during the exam. Other times I woke up in the middle of the night without him in bed. He, too worried about failing this exam, spent hours and hours studying and reviewing, improving things that were already perfect.

They chose which days the students would participate in the exam in the simplest and most obvious way possible: by extracting the names at random.

I gave my exam two days ago, but I will only get the official results at the end of all the exams, that is, May 29, there are still three days left and I know it will be three very long days.

He is the last of the four of us to have to take the exam and this has made him even more nervous and insecure.

"How's the little girl?"

"Good" I leave a caress on the side of my bump, only now realizing how much she's kicking. "She doesn't stop kicking. He touches my bump softly, smiling as he feels a kick from Luce.

He kneels in front of me without ceasing to leave small and sweet caresses. "Hey, you, this is Uncle Sonny talking to you" he moves his eyes on me, looking at me smiling. "Your dad is giving a very important exam right now and you are playing an important role because you are empowering your dad" he leaves a big kiss on my bump before standing up.

"Andy, how are you?"

"Hey!" We haven't heard from each other since the last time we met in hospital and I must admit that I missed him.

He did a very bad thing that he shouldn't have done, but he did it and there is no way to go back. He apologized, but he did a lot more than that because the light in his eyes told me things his words couldn't tell me.

"I didn't expect a call from you..."

"But today is your birthday!"

"I didn't expect you to remember that"