𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 - 114

"Why is she doing this?"

"She's a baby, Rye"

"She is also my baby"

"There is nothing to worry about"

"But yes!"

"Rye, please-"

"She just looks like you, I'm nobody to her"

"You are her dad"

"So why can't I be a part of her life like you?"

"Rye, Rye! Ryan!"

"It wasn't real, was it? It wasn't, tell me it wasn't..."

"It was not, it was just a nightmare" he opens his arms for me and I find myself unable to resist and so I let myself go completely against his body. He hugs me tight to him without giving importance to the fact that I'm sweaty.

Love, lots of love. It's amazing what a single hug can do.

"I'm wetting you in sweat"

"No, actually I'm sweaty too"

"Is the baby okay?"

"She's fine, it was just a nightmare"

"It was just a nightmare"

***

It's a nice day today, it's all good days now. The sun shines and heats like never before. Many people have taken the opportunity to go out with their children, grandchildren, family members, dogs, friends and so on.

We love this park, we have always liked to come here, even before Luce was born; we came here simply to enjoy the calm that reigns in this place.

This park is huge, not one of the largest in London but it doesn't matter. There are many fountains here, for a fountain there is even a large open space where people go on purpose to be bathed by the fountain. An area is entirely dedicated to games for children from zero to ten years, for those who want to eat there are also two bars with tables. The two things that Andy and I love the most, however, is the small pond and the entire area consisting of the lawn. This park is entirely surrounded by trees and a lawn, all very well kept.

After a tour of the entire park and having gone to see the pond, we head towards one of the many shady areas.

I spread a large blanket on the ground, spreading a smaller, softer blanket over it where Luce can stay.

"Come here my beautiful baby" now that I can finally pick her up without her starting to cry, there is no way I can let her go. Just feel like it's all different. Today Andy managed to take a shower while I was with Luce and when she started to cry I managed to calm her down. I feel the happiest...

We sit on the blanket and I know I should put her on her blanket at this point, but I can't let her go. It's just so nice to be able to hold her, to be able to feel her warm little body in contact with mine and her smooth, scented skin. She has that sweet scent that babies have, I can't explain or compare exactly what it's like, but it's very good. Our house is full of her scent.