𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 - 30

"Andrew!" the door to my room suddenly opens, my dad enters and approaches me, he is full of anger and even seems high

"Andrew!" the door to my room suddenly opens, my dad enters and approaches me, he is full of anger and even seems high. He slips off his belt with inhuman speed and starts hitting me violently.

"Please stop!" the tears are copious and the pain is excruciating, I just wish I could finish it here. Suddenly he stops and starts kicking me, violent kicks and the fact that he's wearing hard work shoes with cleats doesn't make it any less painful. "Wh... enough" I say in a faint and most likely inaudible voice.

The kicks get inexplicably stronger and at the same time he starts whipping me again. I begin to scream in pain, unable to do anything else but scream and cry.

"Stop!"

I suddenly wake up in Rye's arms, his hands leaving gentle caresses in my hair as my head is on his chest getting wetter from my tears.

“It was just a nightmare. I'm here with you, don't worry" I keep crying unable to do anything else but let go of all the pain I've been carrying inside me for years "Let it all go, I'm here with you and I'm not going anywhere baby, I’m not gonna leave you"

***

The doorbell wakes me up, I check the time and it's 12:20, have we really slept that much?

"I’m going to open" he leaves me a peck on the lips before taking his arms away from me and going to open. I know it's stupid but right now I feel alone, without him it's like there's nothing and no one around me.

Tonight's nightmare was so real, I felt the pain on my skin as if it were really happening, my dad's voice was so close to me. It was all so terribly real. Why did I have to live a nightmare? Why me? I have always been kind to everyone, I have always given help to those who needed it, I have always given affection and I have never received anything in return, not even a "thank you". 

Am I wrong?

"Love" his voice wakes me up from my thoughts, I look him straight in the eye without giving importance to the fact that he sees my eyes shining "There are two police officers who want to talk to you about your father" I nod knowing that this it's the right thing to do

"Can you stay with me?"

"Of course I'm staying with you, I’m not gonna leave you baby" he takes my hand and helps me to get out of bed, I approach him pulling me lightly and wiping my tears. Our eyes are lost in each other, brown and blue are united in a single color, which may not form the most beautiful color but form love, and this is the important thing.

He caresses my cheeks with his hands, a light and comforting touch, inexplicably able to make the pain float away "You are beautiful" I remain speechless, perhaps because the only thing I can do now is kiss him, and so I do, I kiss him without a reason, I just want to kiss him, I want his lips on mine, I want all of him, I want him because all of me and I need him.