ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 18

Blake walked towards the platform with his eyes fixed on his mentor. He's been thinking about what Phoenix said and Samael's story. He was contemplating whether to take their advices or do something else that will prove Phoenix wrong.

But just as his mentor said. What Phoenix claimed to be unnecessary emotions will help him with nothing. The man before him stood confidently wearing a smug smile on his face. His name is Song JoongKi. Another lethal member of ALPHA.

"Show me what you got kid." Joongki whispered at him with a taunting smirk.

The man made the first move and attacked the boy. Blake avoided the hits as much as he can.

But the stares of everyone near the platform made him rethink the same thing again. Samael's story stayed in his mind the most. Because of the time he wasted to contemplate. He lost half of his loved ones. Blake would never want any of that. He only have his mother and his little brothers. And he swore he would do everything to provide all their needs. Including safety.

And so Blake finally stopped avoiding the hits and made his first attack. He had most of his strength on his legs and used that advantage to throw kicks on his opponent. And when he was able to score a short time, he draw out his gun in a bolt and shot at his opponent. The least thing Blake was thankful is that he didn't gave a bad injury to Joongki as he only shot his left arm making the man wince.

Phoenix slowly clapped his hand. Appreciating his student's skills so far.

The next one are Tim and Joongki's wife; Hyekyo. Hyekyo is known to her group to be Kessie's all time partner whenever the two goes on a joint mission. The woman is lethal and sharp in her own ways.

Tim was confident he'll be able to make it with his skills. All he have to do is just hurt his opponent and he's done for the day. Their fight begin immediately with Tim charging first for attack. Everyone were impress at his flow of confidence that his face remained unperturbed whenever he falls down or takes a hit.

Tim discarded his katana without making a use for it. Instead, he used both the daggers he had and fought with it. And to boost his confidence, he imagined the woman to be Blake and it worked to rile him up. Despite Tim's small physique, he was able to push down the woman and hovered her with his both knees pinning her hands on the platform. His left dagger is placed on her neck and the other above her head, ready to strike if she executes any small move. Everyone clapped with amusement at Tim's show of skills. The boy stood up and stepped away from Hyekyo with his blank expression.

He walked back to his group and looked at Hueningkai who had wore the same expression as him. It made him furious of what else Hueningkai have in mind this time. He's already convinced that Kai is someone who have tons of hidden cards under his sleeve. And it so turns out that those cards are always better than what he and everyone in their team have.

And so it was Hueningkai's turn with Cairus Yoon as his opponent. He's the only one who gets to have a WATCHER as his opponent.

"Don't kill him!!!" They heard someone scream from the crowd. And it's none other than the mentor of the final player; Laurence.

Cairus observed Hueningkai's masked expression. The fear and doubt is obviously visible on his eyes. However, he

masked it very well with a clear and blank facade. The tall boy doesn't look tensed at all. But with Cairus who have thousands of experience on this field can tell the opposite.

And so began their fight. Cairus got totally surprised of how Hueningkai had swiftly avoided all his attacks like a lightning. The boy immediately reminded him of Phoenix and Llanis' stance.

Like the two; Hueningkai's movements are very quick and smooth. It riled Cairus even more and also made him feel excited at the same time. Especially that Hueningkai hadn't made any attacks yet. With all the dodge he made, he didn't get hurt once either. Considering a WATCHER trying to obviously harm him.

Every Cold body watched the boy and couldn't help but wonder about his real origin. It's impossible that Hueningkai is a complete novice at this thing. Because if he is, he would never last long with the TRICKSTER as his opponent.

Then something came to Cairus' mind.

Did Hueningkai kept another secret?

The way he dodges and moves is exactly how a trained person executes such stunts very smoothly.

What if Hueningkai's story about his family is half the truth? What if he's something more than what he claims himself to be?

It all suddenly made sense to Cairus.
His sisters were worried sick about him. But afterthey moved to DDC, none of them contacted Kai as if they know he's safe and alive anyway. They have the ability to track him but didn't bother. They're worried but did not do anything to rescue him.

Because they know that Kai can protect himnself. His father wouldn't have told him face to face that he's a dangerous person. Not only of his hacking skills or the information that are stucked with him. But also because of a skill he may have obtain for a while now.

Cairus immediately cussed when he felt his waist sting. Not even Phoenix who have his eyes fixed at the two didn't know what happened but only notice the blood dripping from Cairus' waist.

"I'm sorry!" Hueningkai muttered and immediately ran to step away from the mentor.

The whole arena boomed with confusion. But a few seconds after Hueningkai moved away, Cairus began choking on his own blood. The rest of their opponents immediately ran to his aid while everyone on the audience seats stood up and murmurred with surprise. Even Hueningkai's own team have no idea of what just transpired.

Phoenix slowly walked towards Cairus who was already being treated by the Song-song couple. He had a long cut on his waist. It's not too deep to kill him but the blade that was used on him was stained with something poisonous and is strongly lethal when mixed with blood. It made Cairus' senses dull and so the ALPHA members immediately rushed him to a surgery.

"Here. Take it to him." Hueningkai pulled a 2 inches small container and offered it to Phoenix with his pale and trembling fingers.

"You have to inject it to him before his clock runs out. Please. I don't want to be a murderer." The boy said with teary eyes.

Phoenix hesitantly took the small container and gave a last furious glance at the boy. Before he dashed to follow Cairus to the hospital.

Meanwhile, Samael and his team didn't hold back and rained questions to Hueningkai while the rest of their mentors are on their way to them.

"What just happened? What did you do?!" Yohan questioned him but the boy responded with a cry and threw himself to their leader.

"I feel so bad. What if he dies because of me!!!" He cried while tugging on Samael's shirt. His eyes streaming continuously with tears.

"Hueningkai. What did you do to him?" Tim asked rather calmly but didn't get any reply either.

Hueningkai kept crying even after the mentors arrived. Tyrone decided to bring them to the lounge and had to wait for Hueningkai to calm down before they can get the information they needed.

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.