ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 114

Kai had just exited his bedroom after an all day rest. He walked out of his room and was greeted by a loud blast of music.

The STAYS and ZONES were all over the place. Including his own friends.

"You're awake! He's been waiting for you!" Kai was suddenly greeted by Hyunjin. He decided to follow him anyway despite not knowing what he's talking about.

Hyunjin led him to the kitchen where he saw Lau talking to Samael and Yohan.

The reason why Kai slept the whole day. He was actually avoiding everyone. And he doesn't know how long he'll do it but he just knows that he's not ready to talk to them about his recent confession.

"There you are! I was worried I won't be able to tell you before it's too late!" Lau huffed at him and gestured to him to step closer.

Kai lowered his head as he approached them so he didn't notice the sad look on Samael and Yohan's face. Hyunjin left as soon as he heard that Blake and Seungmin were having a thigh wrestle.

The two had reconciled just this morning. Maybe it's just because of the alcohol or Blake is just really not bothered by Seungmin anymore after experiencing the same thing in his every individual mission.

"We were told about what you did. About bringing this whole team together." Lau stated that caused Kai to look up at him in horror.

"Are you afraid?" Lau grinned. Satisfied at the reaction he got from the boy. "Well you should be."

Kai immediately looked down. His hands began to tremble.

"We would've killed you if it wasn't for Tyrone's decision. So I suggest that you avoid Phoenix for the time being." He stated and put down his glass of martini on the kitchen table.

He stood up properly from leaning on the sink and slowly stalked towards the boy who visibly flinched and stepped back at his sudden close proximity.

"But that's not the reason why I'm here."

"I'm here because you are my student. And I care about the well being of my favorite apprentice."

Kai managed to look at him. His face had nothing but confusion all over it.

"David told us your entire identity. Who you really are and what you really did."

"I'd say all of us were all surprised and the first thing we thought was to kill off everyone you love in front of you as your punishment..."

"But we didn't."

"Because your father asked us not to."

Kai immediately shot Lau a glare. His expressions were full of disbelief. And the more Lau mentions his father, Kai could feel his heart ache at it.

"S-stop it! David will never do that! Especially for me!" Kai muttered in a shaky voice.

"Well apparently he did. Your father and your mother offered a deal."

"In return for your safety, they gave us the VALORS. We let them keep their name though but they are also Cold bodies now."

"But that wasn't enough because that will not even hurt the slightest to you. After all, the VALORS are your father's loss."

"What are you trying to say?" Kai asked.

"Your parents said they've been planning to retire from this kind of job. They wanted to settle down somewhere quiet."

"So they made the biggest decision that we knew right away would break your heart after we heard your story."

"It's all the same for us. We can't have our family on our side. And I'm also telling you now that Niki will be sent to New York to train with other students there. His siblings have been made aware of it since this morning."