ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 39

"Aren't you bringing any luggage with you?" Lau asked, noticing that Kenzie arrived at their private plane with only his favorite yellow dior hand bag and his knitted butt pouch.

"No. It's not like we're going to Boston for vacation." Kenzie said and gave his bag to the steward.

He settled on the comfy white couch across Lau and removed his orange tinted glass to get a better look of the latter. He had worn his 'girl' disguise even though it wasn't really necessary.

"Why do we have to go and fetch them ourselves? We can just send Cold Bodies to bring them to the city." Kenzie sighed, leaning his head back on the headboard and hoping he'll fall asleep on the ride..

"Geez. If I remember better. You're the one who volunteered to come with me!" Lau stated while rolling his eyes.

Lau actually volunteered to go to Boston himself to fetch the Huening siblings. He wanted to do something nice for Kai to make the boy like him or trust a bit of him. Kenzie ended up volunteering as well without credible reason.

"Whatever. Let's just make this quick." Kenzie shrugged and stared out the window.

The plane finally took off and the ride took at least two hours. As soon as they arrived, Lau and Kenzie drove to an apartment. For someone who's trying to lay low, the Huening siblings chose a very crowded place. They had to park their car a little further away from the apartment. It's an eight minute walk given the crowded streets. As soon as the two made it to the building, they were greeted by the security guard.

"I'm a Cold Body sir! Ma'am!" The man chuckled when he noticed that the two didn't recognize him with his disguise.

"Oh! Nice to meet you!" Lau said with his girly tone. "You know why we're here right?" He added with a wink.

The man gestured for them to come in and brought them on the third floor at the end of the hallway where the siblings lived. The two knocked on the door and were greeted by Bahiyyih who must've been busy with something by the look of her annoyed face.

She closed the door back to their faces first and came back shortly. Welcoming them in while the security guard returns to his post.

Kenzie scanned the receiving area. There were two luggages placed beside the couch. On the table are two passports and plane tickets. Probably the ones that the girls will be using for their travel to DDC.

"I didn't expect that you'd really come to fetch us." Bahiyyih said while putting her laptop in a black handbag.

Kenzie and Lau couldn't help but eye her suspiciously. Including the laptop. But anyway...

"Where's Leana?" Lau asked, noticing that the older female wasn't around.

"She stopped by the mall. She's probably on her way here." Bahiyyih replied and walked to their kitchen.

She grabbed two cans of beer from the fridge and casually threw it at the two. It's no question that the two caught the can effortlessly.

"We saw the final evaluation... And it was a total piece of garbage."

"What happened that night will affect Blake and my brother. Is it really such a bother for anyone among the cold bodies to show mercy?"

Bahiyyih pinched the bridge of her nose. Trying to contain herself from yelling at the two. She strode to her room and banged the door close. She just honestly can't bear associating with the likes of them and it infuriates her more by seconds.