ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 60

"I can get him out." Kai said with a proud grin. Causing everyone with him to shoot him a confused look.

"Come on. Follow me." He said to Yohan and gestured to him to follow.

Kai brought a confused Yohan to his room. He made sure to lock the door and it only fueled Yohan's curiosity. Kai opened his personal computer and typed something into it which for Yohan is nothing but an alien language.

"Uh... Will you explain to me what is happening right now?" Yohan asked as he sat beside the boy.

"We're going to get their little brother out of the MENTORS hands." Kai stated. This time with a blank expression on his face.

That face indicates that he's not in his daily kid mode but the real him instead.

"First. We're gonna have to know everything about that guy who abducted Hyunjin and his brother." Kai said as he continued typing a series of codes and numbers.

"You two seemed pretty close huh?" Yohan said and Kai briefly stopped before speaking and proceeding to type almost immediately.

"Maybe. We met at the square during our final evaluation..."

Yohan simply hummed in response and watched the screen of the laptop as images began to appear with speed.

Then Yohan noticed something blinking on Kai's wrist. Then he remembered that that's the same spot where the golden bar code is located. As soon as his suspicion was confirmed when he suddenly pulled his sleeve, Yohan could only gasp in surprise while the boy hissed at him.

"You're using the system right now!!!" Yohan muttered in complete bewilderment.

"Geez! Why do you look so surprised." Kai scoffed and leaned his back on his swivel chair as he waited for the images to stop appearing while the background checks run itself for every image.

"B-but! Sir. Gabrielle forbid you to use that." Yohan said, almost whispering.

"It's not like they can do anything if I open the system." The boy said. "Besides. I'm doing this for your girlfriend! And wouldn't you like to know something about myself? I'm giving you that chance right now." He added.

Yohan stays silent for a while as he looks at Kai with an unreadable expression.

"Tell me. Did you say something to the others too? To Blake and Tim? Because I remember Tim telling me that I'm next the night after you ang Blake went to the forest." Yohan said still with the same look at the mysterious boy.

Kai laughed at him deviously. He then cutted off his own laugh and turned his swivel chair to face the older male. His expression held no emotion at all.

"That's an inside story for each of us. But anyway. Since you're here. I don't know what to tell you so you might as well ask me a single question." Kai stated.

He looked at the screen and saw the background check is done so he narrowed all the information that matches with any abductions that occured two years ago.

"Go ahead. Ask me." Kai said without looking at Yohan.

"You said you can get their brother out. How exactly are you planning to do that?" Yohan asked.

Cairus had told them about the MENTORS. And everything that the STAYS claimed about them are all facts.

Only a WATCHER has the authority to reach out to a MENTOR. But what makes Kai think that he can do it despite being just their student.

"Good question." Kai hummed and looked over at Yohan for exactly three seconds then looked back at the screen.

"You see. There is a saying that goes 'Give and Take'. And even the most powerful can not escape when they encounter that. But the real trick here is that the one who holds the gem is the one who can use these magic words!" Kai explained between his devilish chuckles.

"I'll simply threaten the man with good information and I'll have him real good with a leash. He'll do anything I say like a dog!" He added, and this time he started laughing like a maniac.

"That's cruel!!!" Yohan exclaimed with pure bafflement.

"No! That's just business. What's cruel is if I offer him the big two options. It's either I kill him or he does what I ask." Kai simply shrugged and started typing on the keyboard again.

"You know. Sometimes I wonder what kind of a person you are! You mask this 'real you' so well that we always get surprised to see you like this." Yohan stated. There was a hint of disappointment in his words.

Kai could tell but doesn't really find it disturbing. He continued to type on the keyboard until he got what he needed. After printing every information. He deleted all the history in his laptop before closing the system again. The blinking code on his wrist had died down as well which tells that the system is closed.

"I made the system not so I can overpower everyone." Kai stated and looked at Yohan with a small smile.

He gathered all the printed papers and handed it to him while Yohan just eyed it. Not knowing what to do with it.

"I made it so I can use it to help those I know who deserve it." He added while Yohan accepted the papers.

"Study it. You can bring him to them yourself. Do it for her. I'm sure Jamie will be happy if you do it." Kai said.

And with that. Kai opened the door to leave. Yohan tailed him behind while examining all of the papers. He had to put the papers somewhere safe and hidden from everyone before he returned to the upper deck to his girlfriend.

Between their little talks. The speaker started buzzing and soon Samael's voice was heard.

"We're almost there. Get ready." He announced.

But what made the announcement different is that Samael sounded so blunt as if he just forced himself to say it for the sake of being captain.

Lia could only smile at the STAYS awkwardly.

The second hand embarrassment that their leader gave them is something though.

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.