ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 41

"Tim! Why aren't you eating? Shaun made efforts to make them, try it!" Cyril said and casually put random dishes on his plate.

Tim internally panics. He didn't wanna make a scene. After all, Shaun is described to be dramatically sensitive. So if he refuses to eat the dishes he personally made, it's no question that the man will eventually awaken his rapping spirit just to reprimand him.

Tim took a big gulp and picked up his utensils. His eyes were staring hard at the foods before him.

Uhh. How long do usually allergies show up?

But it's basically my first day! I can't mess this up!

Should I just tell them that I don't eat this kind of food?

But what if Sir. Leiton gets mad?

What should I do?

"Try it! It's really good." Catherine said with her voice being the softest and calmest Tim had ever heard.

Whatever. I can't ruin my first day!

Tim sighed and slowly pushed the plate further away from him. The family exchange looks at each other. Waiting for an explanation.

"I'm sorry. I can't." Tim said but failed to make an honest expression. Instead he had a blunt expression as he spoke.

"I can't eat spicy foods. And I'm allergic to the ingredients used for the other dishes..." Tim explained and automatically lowered his head.

"Oh! Is that so?" Shaun said and looked at his wife.

"But you must be starving! What do you want to eat? I'll order it for you!" Shaun said and immediately pulled up his phone.

"No! I'm fine. I'm not actually hungry!" Tim said.

"Shut up! It's rude to let you sit with us and you can't even enjoy lunch!" Shaun growled and started aggressively tapping on his phone.

Tim averted his gaze to his right and bit his lip. His mother used to be like this too. But not until his father ruined everything. He doesn't even know if his family worries about his sudden disappearance. And that was the moment when it hit him.

How is his family now?

Did they even have the slightest worry for him when he didn't come for more than a month?

How are they doing?

Tim only snapped out of his trance when Catherine shook him off.

"Yes?"

"I was saying I ordered you a meal! Is this good for you?" Shaun asked and showed him the image of a food through his phone.

Tim nodded his head and forced out a smile. "Thank you. Though you didn't really have to do it for me." Tim said and lowered his gaze again.

"Sorry kid! We don't tolerate bad manners in this house!" Shaun sassily replied and winked at his wife.

The three decided to wait for Tim's food to arrive. And when it did, they finally continued eating.

Aside from the team. Tim found the companion rather amusing and comfortable. He rarely finds comfort with other people aside from himself. Which is why when he realizes that he was getting comfortable with his new family. He decided that he didn't wanna lose it.