ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 85

"Look!" Tim pointed at the huge beam that they can reach from the stairs.

The seven students are totally left behind by the WATCHERS who are already going down probably five floors to compare.

Tim checked the beam and realized that it's built from the very bottom. Which means that this cement beam is so tall that it's one of the many beams that keeps the city up high from the bomb.

He tapped the beam to check if it still got a strong structure. And it does. Not a shot of bullet or a mere hand grenade can take it down. It's thick and strong.

"From what I remember... The bomb is located to be 400 ft. tall at least from the grounds of DDC." Tim stated while looking down. The others attentively listened to him.

"You're not suggesting that we rappel down on this 400 ft. tall ass beam are you?" Blake asked, raising a brow at the younger.

"If we have enough rope. We can make it. One man, strong enough to carry seven ropes and stick it on each endpoint." Tim suggested. As if his plan doesn't sound dangerous at all.

"We're gonna need a ten strong rope that is at least 40 ft. long. Then someone will have to build a bridge of rope for us to go down there." Tim suggested.

"And where can we find those ropes?" Lia asked.

"I saw some up there. Just left behind on the floor. They look pretty old but I'm pretty sure they will hold." Samael said and the seven of them decided to go back.

Leaving the WATCHERS have no idea that they weren't following behind as they are all busy whining.

Minho and Changwook were both surprised to see the seven returned. But confused at the same time.

They watched the boys pick up as many ropes as they could find. Even going upstairs and coming down with a few pieces of equipment on their hands.

They came back down the trapdoor after gathering the equipment. And leaving the two ALPHA dumbfounded.

"I'll go first!" Samael said while Yohan and Kai tied a very strong knot on one of the iron bars on the ceiling.

"You'll be alright Kai?" He asked first and they all turned to look at the youngest.

Kai has a fear of heights and failed to rappel during their practice. So it's a question if he can do this.

"Hell yeah. I ain't taking the stairs to hell!" He said followed by a sheepish laugh.

Samael smiled in relief before he started rappelling down while stepping through the beam. Whenever Samael reaches the end of the rope, he ties himself on it first before tying the next rope to the end. Doing the same until he passes by the whining WATCHERS unscathed and eventually makes it to the bottom.

Samael found himself laughing at their success. He shot a red laser light to the ceiling as the signal to the others to go down.

Blake and Lia were first to take the challenge. They both easily dropped down the bottom through their rope bridge within only two or three minutes at least.

Quietly laughing when they spotted the WATCHERS, audibly fighting who's stronger in their current age.

Samael shot another signal and it was Jamie and Yohan's turn to drop down. Effortlessly making it down to the bottom unscathed by the watchers.

When it was Kai and Tim's turn.

"You sure you're alright?" Tim asked again for the nth time.

"I think I'm gonna be fine. It's a bit dark down there so I won't be able to see the bottom. I think that helps to lessen the fear." Kai stated while they were both finishing wrapping their left hand with a cloth. And attaching their left knee with a ring.

They plan to free fall while letting the rope slide on their left hand and the ring on their knees. It's faster and risky too. But the two prefer that way despite Kai's fear of heights.

Kai thinks that dying there doesn't even matter now. He feels dead already anyway so having fear doesn't seem sensible in any way for him.
He wants to try and get rid of his fear of heights.

"Why don't we try something fun?" Tim asked while he's hooking the ring on his knee on the rope.

"Huh?" Kai frowned in confusion. Tim always had naughty ideas in his mind.

"Just to make this fun! We can stop midway and laugh at those idiots on the stairs. Then we drop down before Phoenix shoots us first!" Tim suggested and casted out an evil chuckle. Addressing Phoenix by his name at all makes him feel happy and free.

"Can we do that?" Kai asked and Tim vehemently said yes while Kai started to hook his ring on the rope.

Once they were done, Tim bravely dropped down first as if it's a piece of cake.
And Kai, despite the slowly building fear, he took a deep breath and just jumped. Doing the same thing that Tim taught him.

The two spotted the WATCHERS who were already halfway on the stairs. Kai and Tim couldn't stop midway so they decided to just laugh so loud for the WATCHERS to hear.

The plan was a success but the two kept laughing until they reached down the bottom. The WATCHERS reaction looked so stupid that the two will definitely remember it.

"They're definitely going to get mad!" Blake laughed.

"But wait! How do we get up without using the stairs then?" Lia suddenly asked.

"Let's worry about that later! But for now! Let's go see the bomb!" Tim said with excitement and the three youngest were first to run and started searching in the dark using their phone flashlights.

The seven of them eventually found the bomb.

A very huge freaking nuclear bomb that is as big as a three storey house. Big enough to put a hole on the earth's surface.

Their mouths were all left agape in pure shock and amusement.

"Wow! It looks better than the blueprint!" Kai said to Tim and he could only agree with him.

They started checking out the bomb. Tim actually found the generator that opened the lights in the cave-like area that is protecting the bomb.

"So that's why the Cold Bodies could not move the bomb. Because it's so big and moving it is too risky." Yohan said while staring at the bomb.

"But what if there is an earthquake? Wouldn't that trigger the bomb to explode because of the harsh ground movements? Like this bomb is literally underground!" Blake said and looked at Tim.

Everyone looked at him and waited for an explanation.

"The bomb is deactivated. It can be activated by CIPHER and can explode if Kai dies. But other than that, the bomb remains dead. They did not bother to move this bomb because of some buried reason." Tim explained. He had heard one of the possible reasons. But he was afraid to accept or believe it.

"I've been hearing rumors about that reason. And it's quite an old saying here in DDC! Feared and the only saying that remains alive." Tim said and Yohan's ears perked.

He too knows. Because there is only one saying who has all of those traits. Old and feared.

Although. It wasn't just a saying. But a poem.

"The city would rather burn into ash."

"Than fall into the wrong hands."

"For there are secrets that must remain unknown."

"And truth that shall never be heard once more."

"Rather death for the innocents and not."

"And so the secrets remain forgotten..."

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.