ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 96

A few hours after Kai and Tim left with Phoenix and Cairus. Yohan decided it was time for him to open the big surprise for Jamie.

He would've done it with Kai around. But the boy had requested to do it now because he may never find a good time to do so.

So there he was. Driving to Lea and Hiyyih's residence alone with his own car. The girls know he will be coming so they had Niki pack his things already.

During the ride, Yohan called Jamie which the girl immediately answered.

"Hey! Where the hell are you? It's only an hour and a half before the curfew!" Jamie rambled at him through the call.

Yohan chuckled as he could only imagine her fuming face.

"Relax cub! I just have an urgent matter! And I'm gonna need you to leave the dorm as well!" He said as he chuckled. Turning the steering wheel for a left turn.

"Hell no! You're going home this instant! Whatever deal it is you have, you can take care of it tomorrow!" Jamie half yelled.

"Please cub! Just do as I say and tell Samael that we have a very urgent matter to finish that can't wait for tomorrow!" Yohan tried to convince her.

The line went silent for a good minute... later on...

"Alright. You better make sure this is important otherwise I'm not talking to you until Kai and Tim return!" She warned and ended the call right away.

Yohan shook his head as he made another turn. He went through his contacts again and called Hyunjin's phone number.

He got it through the man that Kai had hired for him to give any order he needed regarding his plan to retrieve Niki.

The line rang for a minute and ended twice. But that didn't make Yohan give up. Until his fifth try, someone finally answered the phone.

"Who the f**k are you!?" Hyunjin spat rather aggressively.

"It's Yohan Creese!" He said bluntly and heard an immediate gasp. He could've sworn he heard Hyunjin cussed at himself.

"Y-Yohan. I-I'm sorry I didn't know! Why'd you call?" Hyunjin asked with an obviously nervous tone.

"Jamie will be on her way out of our dorm. She's probably still getting ready as of this moment. So I need you to give her a call and say you'll fetch her."

"Then go to Kai's sisters' address. She knows the address so she'll tell you! Call me when you arrive." He instructed and ended the call right away before Hyunjin could even ask questions.

After a few minutes. Yohan arrived in front of a small house where the two live. He was greeted by Hiyyih and welcomed him to their humble abode.

Yohan immediately spotted Niki in the living room. He's playing a thousand piece puzzle on the carpet beside the chimney and Hiyyih joined him right after closing the door.

"Yohan!" She heard Lea's voice and turned around. Lea came from the kitchen with a tray of four mugs of hot chocolate and a plate of biscuits.

"I assume Jamie and Hyunjin are on their way here." She said as she placed the snacks on the coffee table.

Hiyyih and Niki took a mug each as they continued playing. While Lea took the other two and handed one to Yohan.

Yohan thanked her and made himself comfortable sitting on the couch. Lea sat down on the carpet, beside her little sister.

"Hey! That's Yohan. He's the guy we were talking to you about!" Lea said to him and the boy immediately shot up to look at Yohan.

He looked so young and small. He seems to be the same age as Hiyyih. Although he looks a little smaller on his frame.

"Hi!" Yohan smiled at him and the boy quickly stood up.

Yohan was beyond surprised when he received a tight hug from him. He almost spilled his hot chocolate so he had to put it back on the table.

"I heard you were the one who got me out. Thank you so much! I owe you everything!" The kid said to him in a humble tone.

Yohan felt his heart beating so fast. He always feels this good whenever he's with kids. Much like when his friends were still alive before they were caught in a fire.

And that moment. He felt like he had a parental instinct attack. And promised himself that he will protect this boy. Not just for Jamie. But also because he knows that whatever Niki had gone through, he did not deserve it.

Yohan patted the boy's back as he slowly stepped forward. Flashing a boxy smile to his life savior before going back to join Hiyyih.

Niki's very excited to meet his older siblings. Although he may not show it. But he really is. He just finds the puzzle and the biscuits more interesting as of the moment.

"They'll be here soon." Yohan said quietly. Only for Lea to hear since the girl had stood up and sat close to him.

"Niki cannot stay with us for long and that is why we had to urge you to tell her about him. But where would you have him stay in this crooked city?" She asked with waryness.

Yohan huffed and stared at Niki. Thinking for a moment since he never really had thought about it before.

He is aware that what they are doing right now is highly dangerous for each other.

Everyone in the Cold Bodies had all of their families removed from their personal info. Some were even given a fake death and they had to swear not to see their families again.

Knowing that they will only be used against them which is against the code.

This is one of the very strict rules of Cold Bodies and Yohan knows that he is now breaking that rule.

But what can he do?

He just loves Jamie so much that he wants to see her smile even for the littlest thing. He wants to see her happy especially if he's the reason for it.

Yohan knows exactly how it feels to be separated from siblings. Although his dead friends were never his blood related. They were like real brothers and sisters to him.

He had lost the chance to see them again for they were all gone and had only left him with a tomb.
But Jamie and his brothers still have a chance. They just need to be careful enough.

"I'll try to bargain with Sir. Leiton. I'll see if I can try to convince him of letting Niki stay with you two. I hope you don't mind." He said and looked at Lea to see her reaction.

"It's alright. If he has the permission to stay with us then okay. It's not like we're so different right?" She said, taking a sip from her cup.

"Besides. Hiyyih and I are basically living here with Sir. Nicholas' permission just so we can stay and somehow manage to meet with our brother. Niki will be no different. He's also a bit close to us both now." She stated and gave a warm smile as she watched Niki and her sister playing with each other.

Yohan finds it amusing to watch them both. With a single look, anyone would assume that they're just simple kids who want to play and act out all the time.

But nobody would ever know. That these two kids are highly lethal and are a very dangerous threat to any civilian.
One trained as a hacker and one trained to be an assassin. Both were trained during their early age but still managed to mask it with the "normal kid" look.

Yohan snapped out of his thoughts and picked up his ringing phone. He looked at it and saw Jamie's name on it.

His heart raced as he stood up. Looking at the three who looked at him after his abrupt action.

"They're here!"

I hope you liked the chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment to share your thoughts.