ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 27

Hueningkai had just woken up. He was greeted by the bright lights of the ceiling and soon pairs of eyes anticipating his quick response.

The boy flickered his eyes open. The first he recognized among the pair of eyes are his team members. Then his sisters. And lastly, the WATCHERS.

"How are you feeling?" Samael asked as he was the closest sitting beside his bed.

"Good." The boy replied with a hoarse voice.

Leana immediately stood up and offered his brother a glass of water. The boy was quick to finish the glass and smiled at his sister.

"You can stay here for the day. Once you're better, we'll take you back to the dorm." Tyrone said just as the rest of the mentors left the room now that they're aware that he's awake.. Tyrone stayed behind of course.

"What if the SHADOWS try to kill us again if we just go back to our dorm?" Blake asked with concern.

"They won't. We have settled the problem with them. They have agreed to let it slide in Lau's favor. And we had no other choice but to inform them a bit of why you can't die..." Tyrone explained and soon left as well after hearing no more questions. He didn't think there is more reason for him to stay since their own leader is with them.

"Kai. We won't be staying here for long. We've agreed with Mr. Nemsis that we will return to Boston so you won't be distracted during your training!" Leana said and looked briefly at her little sister.

"Don't worry! We'll be safe. Sir. Lancelot will provide us with an escort and a security team to protect us from your enemies. We'll still keep contact with each other!" She added and held her brother's hand.

"We'll be okay. So you have to promise to stay alive!" Bahiyyih also said and smiled genuinely as if trying not to cry.

"Promise..." Kai muttered and smiled at his sisters.

Like Leana said. They didn't really stay any longer. They only waited for Hueningkai to gain consciousness and now that he did. She and her little sister will have to do their part of the bargain.

NamJoohyuk and LeeSungkyung entered the room to escort the girls with them. After a sorrowful farewell of the siblings, they followed the two assassins and left their little brother with his team.

Hueningkai had managed not to cry at least. Because he knows to himself that it won't be the last time he'll see them. Besides, he's well assured that his sisters are safe and that's all he needed to hear.

"So? Care to tell us something?" Yohan said to break the ice and leaned his back on the couch.

Hueningkai wandered his eyes around the room and soon landed his gaze at Samael.

"We've all been through hell. Don't you think it's fair that you tell us something at least? All of us were almost killed because you panicked and ran..." the leader said and the others gave Hueningkai the same questioning look.

As much as Kai would wanna deny it. He knows that he had acted irrationally too. They are students of the WATCHERS who have more power to keep them all safe. But him running away out of fear escalated everything. And it resulted in bigger casualties nobody imagined.

The boy heaved a deep sigh in defeat as began fidgeting with his fingers.

"I'll tell you something... but not everything..." He said, earning low growls from his team.