ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ 87

Days passed.

Weeks and months...

Samael and his team had excelled very well during their training. And after seven full months. It will be their first time to attend the Cold Bodies' traditional masquerade ball that is held every six months in the city.

The party guests the entire Cold Bodies. The perfect event for everyone to disregard ranks and enjoy the night with each other's company and without talking about bloody crimes and massacres.

And since it's a party. Everyone is obligated to pick their own dates. Either a Cold Body or not. It's not really a problem since it's a masquerade ball. No one knows who's who unless they're very witty and clever.

Of course. Yohan and Jamie are automatically partners. So is Lia and Samael who had just started dating two weeks ago. Tim invited Catherine to the party to be his partner. While Kai and Blake are both partnered with Rue and Yuna in a not so fancy way.

Rue and Yuna were told by Llanis to attend the party just for business reasons. But the two had other suspicions and thought that attending the party would be a perfect opportunity to uncover their aunt and uncle's secrets.

It hasn't been a while since the siblings have ceased their beef with Kai and Blake. In the first two months of them knowing the two's part of real identity, they never stopped making the boys uncomfortable at school. And intentionally bullied them. The following months became quite worse since the siblings had gotten more suspicious of the two and who they really are.

If it wasn't for Kessie and Llanis helping to sort things out between them just a week ago. Kai and Blake would still be having trouble.

The two did not expect Rue and Yuna to be partnered with them. But Kessie asked them a favor to make sure that Rue and Yuna did not go out of their sight. Because they are aware that their nieces are both suspecting something.

Samael's crew are highly expected by the Cold Bodies to be there. As the team is making quite a name of their own even though they're still no different from a cold body in training.

Soon, the crew finally arrived in pairs. Wearing black suits and glamorous gowns. Matched with glittering eye masks. They just stood out effortlessly among everyone.

Note that Rue, Yuna and Catherine are still not aware of the whole deal of the party and its main guests. Arriving in pairs also helps them to hide that they know each other.

So Tim and his girlfriend are mostly away from his team. And so does Kai and Blake.

"Try not to wander off! This isn't your playground." Blake reminded the girls as they stopped to sit on one of the empty couches around.

A waiter passed by them and offered glasses of champagne. The boys simply waved him off but Rue and Yuna gladly took two glasses each for their own.

"This is a party! This is exactly our playground!" Rue said sassily and drank one of the glasses in one gulp.

"You two looked oddly good dressed as guys!" Yuna complimented. But it sounded more like a mock to them.

"I look good even without these." Blake proudly said and snatched the other glass from Rue. Drinking it while staring at her.

"I disagree. You look like a mushroom! I look much better!" Kai suddenly spoke followed by a derisive chuckle.

"Look who's talking! We all know I'm the handsomest being in our dorm! Y'all are just displays!" Blake spat back with a glare.