🎒1🎒

Jisung sighed when he heard his alarm go off as he rubbed his eyes and turned it off. He really wasn't looking forward to today. He never really had anything to look forward to in the first place but today was more dreadful than a usual day.

He had to start a new school which he didn't mind but he knew people were going to try to talk to him and he was horrible at having conversations. At his old school, everyone eventually stopped trying and just left him alone but now he had to go through the entire anxiety-filled process all over again.

The entire reason why he had to move in the first place was that his parents had to move for work. He wasn't even sure why he had to go, they could've just left him at their old house by himself and he would have been fine. It wasn't like his parents were ever there anyways.

Neither of his parents ever paid much attention to him, they tried their hardest to just completely ignore his existence altogether and Jisung had no idea why. He assumed it was because having a kid prevented them from doing a lot of things. His parents had told him before that he was an accident that they wish they had never made. And they made sure that he knew they felt that way.

Jisung was used to his parents hating him, he accepted the fact that they would never love him when he was very young. But of course, it caused other problems. Since he was little he immediately assumed that everyone else around him automatically hated him. If his parents couldn't love him, how could anyone else?

He had a difficult time making friends, he couldn't have a regular conversation without stuttering or feeling nauseous. If he was ever put into a group project in school he simply did all of it, or at least his part of it by himself, and did his best not to talk to anyone.

He wished he had friends or at least a friend to talk to but he couldn't bring himself to talk to anyone even if they seemed nice. He was lonely. He had too much free time. He overthought every single thing he did. Because of all of these things he tried finding a coping mechanism to take his mind off of things and stop thinking so much.

cutting.

As far as he knew it was the only thing that made him stop feeling anxious and lonely. It was distracting a for some reason calming. Red was his favorite color and something about seeing the red liquid flow out of his wrist satisfied him.

He rolled out of bed, did his morning routine, then got dressed in a red hoodie and a pair of ripped jeans before going downstairs and leaving his house.

hopefully, today isn't horrible.

~~~~~~

"Minho sweetie please eat breakfast before you go," Minho's mother said, putting a glass filled with red liquid on the counter for him.

"Not exactly eating but okay" Minho rolled his eyes as he chugged half of the glass before putting it back down and saying a quick bye before leaving for school.

It was quite difficult to come up with an excuse not to eat anything when he was around people. Luckily he didn't have to struggle with the issue alone since his friends Chan and Hyunjin also had the same issue.

They would simply just tell their other friend, Seungmin, why they couldn't eat but none of them were quite sure as to how he would react to them saying "oh yeah, we never eat because we're vampires" or if he would even believe them.

Not a lot of people even knew that vampires existed because for the most part they just drank animal blood and on special occasions human blood if they could get it from a hospital.

It was a known fact to them that if they were to drink directly from a human it would be difficult to stop so no one ever went out of their way to take the risk.

There would, of course, be certain situations where vampires would accidentally kill a human because they got too close to them while they were hurt but it was luckily for them it was always suspected as an animal attack.

Minho would admit that human blood tasted a million times better than animal blood but he would never go as far as killing someone for it. If he was near a human that was bleeding he had the urge but as long as he left quickly he was fine.

He went into school and met with his friends who he talked to until the bell rang then went to his first-period class which he shared with Seungmin.

"Okay, before we start class, we have a new student starting today. He should be here soon." The teacher said, checking the time on her watch then frowning, "maybe he got lost."

Just then the door slowly opened and a small boy with blue hair walked in.

"s-sorry I'm late I-i got lost," he said quietly.

"It's okay!" She smiled at him "please introduce yourself."

"h-hi I'm Han Jisung," He said with an awkward wave and Minho could already hear some of the girls behind me whispering about how cute he was...But they weren't wrong, he is pretty cute.

"Can someone please volunteer to show him around near the end of class?" The teacher asked and over half of the girls in the class immediately raised their hand, along with Seungmin who was probably only raising his hand to get some kind of extra credit for helping.

"Umm Mrs. it's okay. I-i really don't think t-that I'll need help" he explained as some of the girls sighed in disappointment.

"If you say so then okay. Let me know if you need any help though and I'll get someone to show you around." She said and Jisung just nodded "you can take a seat in that back corner."

Right in front of Minho.

The blue-haired boy walked over to the desk and carefully sat down and took out a pen and a notebook, very obviously not liking the stares he was getting as he stared down at his desk.

As soon as he sat down Minho immediately noticed something about him

he smells really good...wait Minho that's weird.

But it was true, he was finding it difficult to not move closer to him but he really didn't want to freak him out, especially not on his first day there.

Maybe it's just the cologne he wears.

i promise it gets better i'm just really bad at writing first chapters 😔