🔺70🔺

-not proofread-

~flashback~

"Minho..."

"Yes, mom?" Minho asked, turning around to face his mother as if he didn't just kiss the guy she told him not to date right in front of her.

"What did I say about dating him?"

"You said not to," Minho replied, rolling his eyes. "But that's stupid because I love him and I know when I shouldn't be around him so there's no reason for me not to."

"It doesn't matter if you think you know when you shouldn't be around him. I know you. If he were sitting in a room on the verge of dying you would try to save him. And you wouldn't be able to." She explained to him, trying to stay calm but she was mad that Minho hadn't listened to her.

"That's already happened and I did save him!" Minho yelled defensively.

"What are you talking about?"

"That one night when I came home and ran to my room without saying a word to you Jisung tried to kill himself and I went to his house and called the police then left before they got there. I was able to save him."

"If you would have gotten too close to where he was then it wouldn't have worked out that way. You could have killed him "

"But I didn't. I already said that I know when I shouldn't be around him." Minho argued.

"Anything could happen at any time you can't say that with full certainty."

"I love him. I would never hurt him."

"You don't know that for sure." Minho's mom sighed.

"Why do you have absolutely no trust in me?"

"Because I had too much trust in myself and I don't want you to make the same mistake as I did!"

Everything went dead silent between them as Minho's mother regretted saying what she did and Minho tried to comprehend.

"What do you mean make the same mistake as you did?" Minho finally asked a lot calmer than he was speaking before.

"I-" She let out a sigh, not knowing how to explain. She never wanted to have to tell Minho about this but if it would keep him away from Jisung and prevent him from potentially killing him then maybe it would be worth it.

"You what?"

"Your father was a human." She finally confessed. But Minho still didn't see what the issue was.

"Okay, and? Didn't you say that he died in a car accident? Do you not want me to be with Jisung because he's going to die someday? That's stupid."

"He did die in a car accident but he didn't die because of the car accident."

"You said that he was by himself."

"He wasn't."

Minho looked up at his mom, waiting for her to continue.