🖍37🖍

-not proofread-

Minho was slightly disappointed when Jisung's only communication for the next two weeks was only through texting. Whenever they did text it always felt like they were making progress and giving him hope that Jisung would talk to him the next day at school but he never did.

He was glad that Jisung was talking to him at all but he missed him. Jisung wouldn't even look up or acknowledge Minho's presence and all Minho wanted to do was pull him into a hug anytime they were near each other but he couldn't.

He was still doing a great job avoiding him until Jisung showed up smelling like blood one day. It had happened a couple of times in the past two weeks but it was never that strong. But today, not only was the smell stronger than usual, but Jisung also looked tired and just lifeless.

Minho was trying not to do anything. He did succeed up until lunchtime when he went to Jisung's classroom and saw him wave bye to Felix and start to walk outside by himself.

Jisung silently walked past Minho, not looking up from the ground and Minho quietly followed him.

The younger hadn't noticed that Minho had been following him until he sat down on the bench and Minho sat down beside him causing him to look at him with wide eyes before starring at the ground and taking a deep breath before speaking.

"Umm...w-what are you d-doing out here?"

"What are you doing out here? I thought you said that Felix wouldn't let you sit out here even if you wanted to?"

"I told h-him that I had a project that I n-needed to work on."

"Do you?"

"No," Jisung mumbled.

Minho didn't respond and instead silently opened his backpack to take something out then moved the slightest bit closer to the younger.

"Are you...okay with me talking to you right now?"

"I guess so. I was h-hoping that you would s-start a conversation with me. I've b-been too nervous to t-try to talk to y-you. I'm surprised it t-took you this long." Jisung confessed.

"Really? I was waiting for you to talk to me first because I didn't want to make you uncomfortable."

"Then w-why are you talking to m-me right now?"

"You looked really tired today and I was worried so I wanted to check on you," Minho explained.

"I j-just stayed up late studying."

"Can I see your hand?" Minho questioned and Jisung immediately started shaking his head no.

"Hand. I promise I won't look at your arm." Minho said and Jisung looked at him weirdly before holding his hand that was covered by his hoodie sleeve out towards Minho.

Minho moved even closer to him and carefully pulled his sleeve down to his wrist as Jisung watched him, extremely confused.

Minho moved Jisung's hand to lay on top of the bench as he grabbed a red pen that Jisung had assumed he had grabbed out of his backpack earlier.

Minho started doodling a bunch of different random things onto the younger's hand as he silently watched.

"Why?" Jisung questioned a few minutes later, still not being able to figure out why Minho was drawing on his arm but also enjoying watching him draw cute doodles with his favorite color.

"You said you found the color red comforting..." Minho trailed off, not taking his concentration away from his drawings but Jisung could notice the...disappointment? On his face. He wasn't sure if that's exactly what it was but that was his best guess.

But how would Minho know?

"Why are you d-drawing on my hand though?"

"Well, I guess I just wanted to try to comfort you," Minho said with an awkward smile hoping that Jisung wouldn't question him anymore but of course he did.

"Comfort me because I'm tired?" he asked, still confused.

"Mhm"

"You're weird." Jisung giggled and Minho looked away from his hand for a second to frown at Jisung but quickly got lost in his eyes.

"I missed you."

Jisung broke the eye contact and looked away blushing as he moved his hand away from the bench, assuming that Minho was done.

"I know you probably don't want to hear another apology but I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have forced you to let me know what was bothering you if you really didn't want me to. I was just really worried about you and-"

"Minho it's fine. Let's just forget about the entire thing."

"But it's n-"

"You said you missed me, right? So let's not talk about it and go back to normal. Like how we were before Mina happened."

"Why are you so scared of talking to me about it?" Minho asked calmly and grabbed Jisung's hand again but this time to enlace their fingers. "I'm not judging you or thinking whatever you think that I'm thinking. I'm just worried about you."

"It's embarrassing."

Minho sighed, he completely understood it from Jisung's perspective. Especially after what Minho did to him. If he were Jisung he wouldn't feel comfortable talking about it either. It was also killing him that he couldn't do much to help but it was partly his fault.

"Just know that I'll always be here for you, okay?" Minho asked and Jisung nodded and then surprised Minho when he pulled him in for a hug as the brunette wrapped his arms around his waist to immediately pull him closer.

"I missed you too," Jisung said quietly but Minho was still able to hear as a smile spread across his face.