🍅43🍅

Minho had gotten Jisung to agree to hang out with him after school so they could talk more since they got interrupted by the bell at lunch and couldn't talk in art class because they had to watch an 'educational' video.

Though they both wanted to talk to each other for completely separate reasons.

Jisung, now that he had more time to think about it, just had a lot of questions.

Minho wanted Jisung to tell him what had happened that caused him to self-harm so badly because now that he had seen his wrist he was even more concerned.

"Is that why you sometimes left class as soon as the bell rang? Because you were hungry?"

"Yup."

"And that's why you got sick that one time I made you food...also explains why you were so concerned when I wouldn't tell you what was going on."

"You still haven't." Minho pointed out.

"Smile," Jisung said, ignoring Minho's statement. "Woah, how did I never notice how sharp your canines are?"

"Because you rarely ever actually look at me." Minho pointed out as he made eye contact with Jisung who was now very close to him from observing his teeth. (wth-)

"If you can't bite people then how do you turn people?"

"Why are you asking?"

"I'm just curious."

"It's dangerous because you have to bite someone. You just have to hope you can get yourself to stop which most people don't. So it's rare to meet someone who was turned."

"Dang that must suck for Seungmin." Jisung mumbled as Minho laughed.

"He was joking."

"What does blood taste like?...wait that's a stupid question you have nothing to compare it to."

"Well human blood tastes better than animal blood."

"Do different animal's blood have different tastes?"

"Not really."

"Do you have any non-human abilities?" Jisung questioned as Minho laughed softly at how interested Jisung seemed.

"If I were to get hurt it would heal really quickly and I can't get sick."

"How old are you?"

"I'm eighteen."

"Are you going to live for an abnormally long time?"

"Not sure, I would have to ask my mom."

"What do you mean you're not sure? How would you not already know the answer to that?" Jisung questioned.

"Because you seem way more interested in this than I am."

"I think I'm done. I can't think of any more questions right now."

"Then can I ask you some?" Minho asked.

Jisung took out his phone and checked the time before responding, "it's actually getting pretty late. I should go home. Thanks for answering all of my questions."

"Why are you still so afraid to talk to me about it?" Minho asked quietly.

"Why were you so scared to tell me you were a vampire?"

"Because that sentence sounds insane. I didn't want you to not believe me and end up getting mad or something."

"I don't want to sound insane either," Jisung stated, trying to prove his point so that Minho would stop trying to talk about it.

"I won't. I'm sure whatever your reasoning is it's valid. Even if it's not, I'm not going to judge you."

"It's stupid."

"I don't care."

"It doesn't matter Minho just ignore it."

"I kind of can't."

"Then why do you still hang out with me if it's so difficult for you?"

"That's not what I meant. I know I can't magically get you to stop self-harming the moment you tell me why you do it. I just want you to feel comfortable talking to someone about it so hopefully, eventually, you will stop because you don't deserve those scars no matter how much you think that you do."

"Why do you care so much?" Jisung asked. Deep down he knew it was simply because Minho was a vampire and he didn't want to end up killing him but he wanted a different reason. Even if he wouldn't believe it.

"Because I love you." Minho blurted out.

They both stayed dead silent.

Minho didn't mean to so suddenly confess that but it felt amazing to finally say out loud despite the current situation. He just wished he could read Jisung's facial expression but he couldn't. His face was completely blank.

Meanwhile, Jisung was thinking, as he usually does.

He only said that because he wants to know why I self-harm, he doesn't mean it.

He just doesn't want to end up killing someone.

Does he mean it? He wondered and glanced up at Minho for a quick second before glancing back down at his hands.

He doesn't.

"I- um..."

"What are you thinking right now?" Minho asked, catching Jisung even more off guard.

"Why?"

"Because your face is blank and I can't tell. Even if it's bad and you're thinking about how much you hate me just tell me what's going through your head."

"That you only told me that so you could get me to tell you why I self-harm so that you don't have to deal with me constantly smelling like blood anymore," Jisung confessed.

Minho shook his head no, "I didn't even mean to say it but I'm really glad I finally did...even if this isn't the best timing. You don't have to respond right now but know that I mean it. I will list every single reason why I love you if that's what it would take for you to believe me."

"I still wouldn't believe you," Jisung mumbled, meaning for it to be too quiet for Minho to hear but it wasn't.

"Why not?"

"Because if my own parents can't even love me how the hell would anyone else?"

why is this chapter so cringe??? 😔