party time...

you hear Nat cough and she startles you. you realize she probably just hear the whole conversation. you walk up to her putter your hand in yours before going into the living room.

y/n: I'm sorry you had to hear that.

Nat: its okay don't worry. at least i know you like me. ( she laughs)

y/n: of course i do. I'm sorry about dinner its burnt i thought we could just order food?

Nat: you don't have to be sorry. you tried and that's all i care about. now what food did you want to order?

y/n: i was thinking Thai what did you want?

Nat: i haven't had Thai in a while so I'm good with that.

you smile at her and order food, while you wait she puts a movie on. you're not sure what it is as you've not watched it before.

y/n: hey Nat what is this film?

her jaw drops.

Nat: you've never seen Annabelle before?

y/n: no... 

Nat: you're crazy its such a good film.

food arrives and you finish eating before she snuggles up to you and you fall asleep.

Wanda walks into the living room seeing you and Nat asleep on the sofa she comes over and kisses your forehead.

Wanda: i love you too ( she whispers) before leaving the room.

the next morning you wake up next to Nat still on the sofa. you shake her to wake her up.

y/n: hey, Nat we fell asleep on the sofa again.

Nat: that's why my back aches ( she says in a sleepy voice)

y/n: if you get up now ill give you a back massage later. 

she jumps up right away.

Nat: you better ( she winks)

y/n: i promise ( you laugh) I'm going to get a shower i stink.

Nat: you really do ( she says laughing)

y/n: enough of that rubbish or you'll have to get someone else to give you a message later.

Nat: no I'm sorry.

you both burst out laughing.

y/n: ill see you later beautiful.

you leave and go have a shower you get dressed into blue jeans and a black hoodie before leaving the compound to go food shopping. once you finished shopping you walk past a store and there is a beautiful dress in the window you decide to treat yourself, you deserve it. you drive back home and start putting the shopping away. once finished you take your dress upstairs and try it on. 

peter: y/n you look beautiful.

y/n: oh my god you scared me... but thankyou Pete. any reason you're lurking at my door?

peter: Mr. stark told me to tell you there's a party tonight.

y/n: what's the occasion?

peter: engagement party.

you look down at the floor before looking back at peter giving him a quick smile.

y/n: okay thank you ill see you there.

a few hours later... its time for the party.

you go to nats room in your new dress.

y/n: hey Nat!

Nat: jeez y/n I'm speechless, you look so gorgeous...

y/n: so do you Nat, i was wondering if you wanted to be my date to the party?

Nat: of course also after the party i need to talk to you.

y/n: cant we talk now?

Nat: i need a few drinks first ( she laughs)

you take her by the hand and head downstairs you both get a couple of drinks and you sit with the rest of the group.

y/n: so how is everyone?

Thor: I'm good lady y/n.

tony: peachy.

carol: great.

y/n: good good.

Nat could tell you were getting a bit overwhelmed being sat there.

Nat: hey y/n would you like to dance?

y/n: I'm not a good dancer but i would love to.

you both head to the dance floor and start dancing before a slow song comes on you look at the DJ booth to see peter he gives you a wink and a thumbs up. you scoff you look at Nat and pull her closer resting your arms on her hips, hers around your neck. you both cant help but smile at each other. she rests her head on your shoulder you two just sway back and forth for the rest of the song. once its finished she lifts her head up and kisses you after a little while you both pull away smiling you quickly twirl her around dipping her before giving her a quick kiss.

you both go and sit back down with the rest of the avengers. 

Sam: you seem happy y/n.

y/n: that's because i am Sam ( you smile at Nat) hey did you want to have that talk now?

Nat: sure. ( she said nervously)

you both go outside and stand on the balcony its freezing so you grab your jacket and wrap it around nat.

y/n: so what did you want to talk about?

Nat: i know its not been long but i cant stop thinking about you, you're in my thoughts your in my dreams you're everywhere. every time i see you i can feel my heart beating through my chest i care about you so much.

y/n: i care about you too.

Nat: y/n i love you and its okay if you're not ready to say it.

y/n: Nat i love you. i might've been with Wanda but i loved you too since our first date, that smile that laugh you're intoxicating i couldn't imagine you not in my life.

she pulls you towards her and kisses you its sweet and exciting she pulls away and rests her forehead on yours.

Nat: y/n will you be my girlfriend?

y/n: i was waiting forever for you to ask ( you laugh) of course i will. 

you both stand there looking at the stars for a while before going back in to get a couple drinks you sit at the table and give Nat a look.

y/n: should we tell them ( you whisper) 

she gives you a big smile.

Nat: go on.

y/n: guys me and Nat have to tell you something.

tony: you finally got together?

everyone looks at him with a confused look.

Nat: what do you mean finally.

tony: I've seen the way you've been looking at each other and i mean she risked her life for you i assumed something was going on back then.

y/n: no... back then she was just a friend I'm not a cheat. ( you glance at Wanda)

tony: in that case I'm happy for you both!

Nat: thanks tone, what a way to make it awkward.

everyone laughs.

y/n: well I'm going to bed ( you laughs) Nat you coming?

Nat: of course you still owe me a back massage remember.

you laugh and wrap your arm around her arm before going upstairs and into her room.