Homophobic old cow.

We were now in the back of happy's car on the way to the jewellers, we would have took my car but it's only a two seater maybe I should've thought more carefully when buying a new car. Eh I mean I could always buys another one but that's a discussion for another day.

We pulled up to the building, the place looked insanely fancy. we were met at the door by a sweet woman she couldn't of been older than 60. "Welcome, what can I do for girls today? Who's the lucky lady?" She inquires. "Actually, we all are" I explain hoping she would understand. " oh joint weddings that's amazing" and of course she did not. "No, actually we're all getting married together; so we're looking for three wedding rings that are exactly the same. If you have anything like that?" I ask as her face turns from a smile to a blank expression. She motions us over to a table and pulls over three seats as we sit to admire the collection of rings she placed in front of us. "This set here are the only rings we have multiple of." She explains as we examine the rings. " I love this one, what do you guys think?" Wanda asks holding up a ring. "can you not touch the rings unless you're buying them thank you I'm not sure where your hands have been."the woman snaps. "Oh sorry, my bad" Wanda says shyly as she places the ring back with the others. I noticed her whole demeanor changed, this woman was being cruel. Was it really because of the ring or could she not handle the thought of three women being together. "Do you treat all your customers like this?"I ask "only ones such as yourselves" she explains with a disgusted look on her face. "Wands that ring was perfect, what about you nat?" "I actually loved it until this bitter old cow opened her mouth" "excuse me, you cannot talk to me like that" she bites back. "I'm sorry, do you work on commission here?" I inquire. "Yes we do, most jewellery shops do" she explains with sass in her tone. " we'll I would like someone else to serve us, who isnt a bitter old cow. Thank you very much" i could see the smiles on their faces as the woman retreats and a much younger woman comes towards us. "I'm so sorry about her, we would like to offer you a 10% discount to make up for anything she said. She had no right to let her personal beliefs get in the way of her job. I'm in a happy relationship with a woman myself and once I brought her here and she was insanely homophobic towards her; I'm surprised they haven't fired her yet." She explains offering an apologetic smile. "Don't worry about it, she's a bitter old cow, I wasn't letting her get paid for being homophobic towards us." Nat explains holding up the ring we decided on placing it in the woman's hand. "We would like three of these please" Wanda asks politely with the smile finally returning to her beautiful face.

We had paid for the rings i even tipped the second woman she was really polite and made up for the mistreatment we experienced moments before. We were now sat in the car on the way home. "Hey, what do you think about me buying a new car?" I ask. "Another one? You're getting as bad as Tony" Nat jokes. " i mean the car I have now is hardly practical, it only has two seats I mean there's already three of us what about when we have kids am I meant to strap them to the roof!" I joke earning a slap on the back of the head from Wanda. " ow, you're always smacking me" "well stop saying stupid things, you are not strapping our kids to the roof of your car. But I agree I think you should buy a new car" Wanda explains. "Ha ha nat two to one" I laugh in her face earning another smack this time from Nat. " you know, I might just strap my self to the roof at this point at least I wouldn't be hit on the way home". "You're such a dork" Wanda laughs kissing my cheek.

We finally arrive home i took the rings placed them In my pocket and teleported to our bedroom pacing the rings in the top draw of my dresser before meeting the girls in the kitchen it was 1pm and I haven't eaten well I mean I had but it wasn't food, Wanda offered to make some waffles and of course I accepted.

When I got to the kitchen my dad was sat at the table with a coffee and a news paper, you know for someone who doesn't like being referred to as old he really does act like an old man. " you alright pops?" I ask as I take the seat next to him. "Yeah, I'm good. How did ring shopping go? Did you finally pick one?" "Actually it went badly but we did pick a ring finally" " if you choose a ring why did it go badly?" He inquires. "We'll when we got there the woman was so friendly and welcoming but when she realised we were all together she changed and started being homophobic I mean we got a 10% discount so it's not all bad" I joke trying to shed light onto the completely unpleasant situation. I knew it had effected Wanda but I had thicker skin people saying things like that didn't really effect me especially because I grew up a lesbian in the olden days as people like to call it. I mean some times I would even get jumped on the way back from school but once they found out who my mother was they stopped I mean I would too she was one scary lady. " wait, she was homophobic? You didn't hit her did you?" He asks joking well I hope. "No I did not hit the old woman, could you imagine the headlines 'avenger caught beating old lady inside jewellery store' I'm good. I just called her a bitter old cow and asked for someone else; she wasn't getting money off of either of us." I explain. "I was half expecting you to tell me you hit her" he jokes " as much as she deserved it I couldn't hit an old woman" "you hit me!" He exclaims. "You're an old man, there's a difference" I joke. "In all honesty I have something to ask you, you can say no I mean I hope you say yes but it's up to you... I was wondering if you would walk me down the isle I mean I know we haven't had the best relationship but you're still my dad and you mean an awful lot to me." I ramble looking down at my hands. "It would be an honour there is no way in hell I would've said no. I love you." "I love you too dad" I say as he pulls me into a hug. " you know dad because you love me so much are you going to tell me who you've been secretly dating?" " ha ha nice one, let me think about it...no" " you're mean" I joke going over to the kitchen and taking the waffles kissing Wanda and Nat on the cheek thanking them before going to sit back down. " so old timer why won't you tell me?" " you know you're old as well right?" He questions "excuse me, how am I old?" "You were born in 1945 that makes you 80" he explains fighting back a smile. "No, no, no, no, no I was brought from the past to the future I am still 24 you lived through the past up until now; just because you were in ice doesn't mean you weren't alive, so I'm not old I was just kidnapped and brought to the future" I explain defensively. "What ever old timer" he responds standing up laughing before leaving the room. " fuck off dinosaur" I mutter under my breath.

Author note: I'm writing another book It's an Elizabeth Olson and y/n story there will be other avengers actors in it of course. I've already wrote 5 chapters but I'm going to wait until I've finished this book to publish the other chapters :) this book will have exactly 100 chapters so not long left to go. Love you all and thank you for the support ❤️