Chapter 1.2

“LOOK OUT!” Lumine heard and immediately ducked, she realized a potato was heading her direction down that if she didn’t duck, she would’ve gotten, hit by a potato.

“You woke up today and chose to be a target" Aether said, snickering at his sister’s luck.

"Waa, I never chosed to be a target; can’t the world give me a break for archon's sake!” Lumine cried out, still crouching in the ground.

“Oh, it's not that bad hehe," Amber said, trying to be comforting while she dragged Lumine to her feet. Lumine just sighed.

“I apologize for the potato; we weren’t expecting anyone to be heading in the potato’s way," said a tall gentleman. Lumine guessed out of context it was Mr. Albedo, seeing as he was wearing teacher vibe clothing and the only adult in the room.

“Wait are you saying it was my fault for deciding to be in the potatoe's way?” Lumine retorted, realizing what Mr. Albedo had said.

The teacher paused and replied with a hesitant “No". Lumine didn’t feel comforted by the hesitation but her brother pushed her out of the way and the two were forced to sit down in an empty seat.

The twins looked around, noticing the students. They found two boys talking to one another, one with dark blue hair and the other with softer lighter blue hair. They saw an intimidating goth girl eyeing down and watching from a distance of a blonde upbeat cheerleader who was surrounded by the stares of a couple of nobodies but was joined and talking to a boy with pigtails highlighted green.

They also found a green-haired shy girl talking to Mr. Albedo about something while a punk-looking girl with spikes and grunge outfits was listening to music, seeming to be jamming out to it. There were more students but there wasn’t much memorable about them, almost all looking strangely similar.

Class begins and Mr. Albedo started to lecture on chemistry. The twins didn’t pay too much attention having learned a fair amount of the concepts from previous schools. They didn’t worry much about their grades, seeing as they’ll eventually move on to another school and be repeated the same things. So, the two dozed off for a bit, unaware of their surroundings.

The two woke up at the same time, hearing a loud slam hit their conjoining desks. The twins look up and around frantically and wondering the source of the loud slam coming from.

“so, you decided to snooze during my class?” Mr. Albedo said sternly, glaring at the two. Lumine gulped, worried that the teacher will give them detention, making them stay longer at the school.

Aether had the same worry except he wanted to leave so he can eat at home, preferring his house food to the food provided at school.

“As punishment, you shall be partaking in my experiments,” Mr. Albedo said and then swiftly left. Behind him trailed a note that when Lumine picked it up, it said the date and where. Lumine gulped, nervous to be forced to work so closely with such an odd figure.

The twins packed up their stuff and walked out of the classroom, immediately joined by Amber.

“so, what did he say?” Amber asked, with a concerned look on her face.
“He wanted us to partake in some experiments of his, whatever that means?” Aether replied, seeming not worried.

“Oof, that’s going to suck, I got that punishment before since I was late one time.. He made me forge through a forest to test my ability on forging. It was so weird, and I was muddy by the time I was done” Amber said, shuttering at the memory. Aether and Lumine gaped at her, feeling as if it was too much power for a teacher to place on a student, especially for the punishment of sleeping. Aether looked back to see if he can fight the punishment but Amber grabbed him and dragged the twins.

“Don’t fight it or else he will worsen it for you, Albert tried, and he was dropped into a ravine ‘accidentally’ and left there for a few hours” Amber said, empathizing with them accidentally. The twins got the message, that it wasn’t an accident and they will be screwed over if they tried to fight it.

“Anyway, let’s get to the second period, YAY!” Amber exclaimed. The twins found the energy quite cute and endearing at this point, used to it, and learning the vibes of the school a bit more.