Chapter 2.4

The four boys had decided to meet at Kazuha’s house to discuss the plans for the book project.

At the end of the school day, Venti was able to catch a ride with Xiao. Leading to Venti almost passing out inside of Xiao’s car.

“VENTI!” Xiao cried out, getting nervous as he saw Venti’s head droop and lie on the dashboard. Venti was in so much shock and awe of being close to Xiao that he accidentally forgot to breathe and ended up passing out a bit from it.

“VENTI WAKE UP!” Xiao yelled, more assertive and trying to move Venti’s head away from the dashboard at risk of causing a crash.

“what- OH MY GOD!” Venti shouted, waking up and realizing he had passed out. He woke up to see Xiao's hands holding onto his head to move it.

“S-sorry!” Venti said, feeling embarrassed for his dumb reaction.

“It's fine I guess, just don’t pass out while I am driving for goodness sake,” Xiao said, his face seeming to have relaxed, but Venti felt a sense of annoyance from him.

“Sorry I got a bit too lightheaded I guess” Venti muttered out, feeling confused on how he let himself get too emotional already.  

Venti’s solo mission with the book project was to determine if Xiao was a nice person with a really hot body. Venti knew he needed to be stealthy and avoid showing any interest or emotions, fearing that he weird out Xiao and prevent him from seeing Xiao’s true self. But now he let failed a bit, by passing out.

“No problem” Xiao simply muttered, seeming annoyed already. The two continued to ride in silence, Xiao focusing on driving while Venti positions himself against the window, looking out at the scenery.

Venti at the moment reflected, deciding on how to proceed with his plan or if he should do anything and let it all happen naturally. He sighed dramatically, clearly craving for attention and conversation.

Venti turned to face Xiao again, seeing him blush red. Venti perked up at this detail, wondering what could possibly make the stone face jock suddenly be blushing.

“so… do you have book ideas?” Venti asked, trying to spark up a conversation and get to know Xiao more. Xiao paused for a moment thinking, in which Venti let his eyes drift to Xiao’s body, seeing his broad shoulders, muscular arms which he could see thanks to the shirt sleeves Xiao was wearing. Xiao had really nice forearms in Venti’s eyes, noticing the interesting thickness of the muscles and the veins that could be noticed.

“um I have a couple of ideas, but I think you guys wouldn’t like it,” Xiao said, breaking Venti’s trail of thought. Venti's interest was piqued at this mention, curious to see other sides of Xiao.

“Oh, I’m sure you have some good ideas, what are they?” Venti said, whipping his phone out to search the books up.

“I was thinking about Heart’s Desire, it’s a really good book that I have read, apparently it's popular in Mondstadt,” Xiao says, his eyes still on the road.

“Oh, it is! I read it before when I was younger, it is pretty good” Venti said, putting away his phone and facing Xiao.

“Oh bummer then since we can’t read it, because we all need to choose a book that we all haven’t read” Xiao reminded, empathizing with the last “all”.

Venti’s shoulder droops, feeling defeated. He gave a small pout, in which then Xiao released an odd noise.

To Venti’s ears, it sounded like a gasp but also a boar snort. Xiao coughed a bit and Venti giggled.