Chapter 3.4

“Hello, I am Diluc Ragnvindr. I am a volunteer here to help you guys out, please don’t be afraid to ask for help”
Diluc said, letting out a small smile. At the moment, Diluc felt at ease surprisedly.

The kids seem fairly easy to manage and harmless, making it very possible for him to deal with them and even have an enjoyable time.

“hiss”

Diluc’s ears perked up, surprised to hear such a sound in the crowd. He looked around to see if a cat or some toy was making the sound, but he found none to no avail.

“Alright nice job, now class let's begin with some math,” the teacher said, grabbing a whiteboard and marker to write down simple equations. Diluc took he eat in the back, watching from afar as the class solemnly learned math.

But yet he still couldn’t get the noise out of his head, where did the odd hissing sound come from? He glanced around the room, looking at it from a new angle. Yet he still found nothing that could explain the weird hissing sound, no toy accidentally on, no misplaced cats or random gas leaks.

“hiss”

Diluc stood up, surprising the class. He glanced around, confused, and knowing dang well that it existed.

“Um Diluc, is something wrong?” the teacher said, clearly annoyed. Diluc cleared his throat, flustered.

“U-uh no, apologies, keep on miss” Diluc said respectfully. The teacher grimaced and continued to teach basic math problems to the class. Diluc sat back down on his small plastic chair. His eyes went into a frenzy, becoming increasingly paranoid on the potential of weird hissing noise and its effects.

He stared at the clock eventually, getting a bit bored as he realized he was going to be there for a while, listening to some teacher tell basic things to the class. His eyes got a bit drifty, feeling increasingly bored.

“hiss”

“Agh!” Diluc cried out, drowsiness escaping him as he stood up once more. He pivoted his head around feverishly, searching for a potential answer to the weird hissing noise.

“Diluc! If you must, you can step outside and get some water” the teacher said, now going from mildly annoyed to agitated. Diluc cooled down, seeing that the teacher wasn’t asking, rather demanding for him to leave the classroom for a bit. He gulped, feeling embarrassed, especially since it was his first day.

He left the classroom, sensing a walk of shame as the children watched him solemnly walkout. He up and down the hallway, seeing children’s artwork and pictures lined up. Strolling down the hallway he finger paintings and basic houses hung up, with children’s names at the bottom of the page painted sloppily.

Eventually, Diluc found the water fountain, then he felt a wave of hesitation to use, remembering that he was in a place of children who likely mouthed the faucet or worse. So he decided to just not get water and stay mildly dehydrated, not wanting to risk it.

He strolled his way back down to the classroom, hearing small amounts of chatter and noises from the other classroom. When he arrived at the 1-B classroom door, he realized something. 1-B had more odd and unique paintings and artworks compared to the other classroom, noticing bombs, skulls, and alcohol bottles. He gulped, realizing what Soraya meant when the class had a unique array of personalities.

He gripped the doorknob once again, reflecting on before when he first entered the classroom, and swung open the door in a dramatic flurry.

The class quickly directed attention to the sudden door swing, seeing Diluc proudly walk in, holding his head high to remain and seem stable. He took his seat at the plastic chair in the back of the classroom and the class continued with their math practice problems, having diverted from the teacher lecturing about it, to sitting in their assigned desks to practice it.

The teacher walked up to Diluc, saying, “you can go around and help any kid that needs help” and the teacher left to her desk to do something. Diluc got up from his chair, and strolled around the classroom, hands behind his back. He looked down at the kids’ paper at times, seeing if there were any mistakes.

He did notice one student, Klee he believed, to be drawing fire, lots of fire, which he found odd, but she had already finished the math problems, getting them all right so he didn’t mind.

He walked down an aisle of desks, continuing his usual strolling before he heard it again.

“hiss”

He froze, caught off guard by the familiar sound. He glanced around, seeing no toys or anything. Then he saw a child, a girl, with pink hair, smirking at him.

“hiss” the girl quite literally hissed at Diluc. The girl was wearing a cat ear headband, a gray hoodie with a black skirt, her eyes darting at Diluc. Diluc gulped, unprepared and unsure of how to counter.

He only did what he knew best, glare back. In turn, this only antagonized the girl more.

“Hiss” the girl hissed back, sticking her neck out at him with a mean expression on her face. Diluc glared back, deciding to continue moving and avoid getting into a fight with the peculiar girl.
“hiss” the girl hissed again, looking back at Diluc.

“Diona, please stop hissing, you’re not a cat,” the teacher said bluntly, not even looking up from her papers. Diona got a bit flustered, squeaking and focusing back on her math problems. Diluc smirked, obviously amused at the sudden change in attitude.

Yet he knew that he had an enemy in the class, Diona, the cat ear girl.