Chapter 4.5

Ayaka took out her fan, using it to cool down a bit. She had just finished her second class of the day and it went very smoothly, the students were engaging and asking questions and she was able to speak coherently and do well. Years of etiquette training had taught her to never falter at speaking.

Using her break, she decided to reorganize and clean up her desk which was very dusty and had old papers that she just stuffed and hidden elsewhere in a hurry.

She grabbed a spray bottle and cloth she brought from home to make sure her class was clean and began to scrub her desks drawers. Doing so she had remembered the times she had cleaned her family residence, as a gift to her family’s staff.

Looking out her window she saw the bamboo forest and tall rock structures of Stone Gate. Thinking of her old home made the new setting feel more alien, leaving an uneasy feeling in her stomach.  She shook her head, trying to get the feeling out and remain calm.

She accepted the invitation of the Genshin District for her reasons and she mustn’t forget that.

The bell rings and she suddenly put away the cleaning supplies, deciding to deal with the old desk later. She gulped and clasped her hands together, getting into position. Students enter the classroom, holding different appearances and expressions.

So unique and peculiar" Ayaka thought, remembering her school years in which everyone was made to look the same as per the old and now dead Shogunate’s rule. She shuttered, uncomfortable with the memory of the old ruler and focused back onto the students.

“Hi students, welcome to history" Ayaka says, spreading her arms, gesturing to her classroom. The students either remained expressionless or smiled politely. She turned around and went to begin her history presentation on Old Monstadt.

While looking at her computer to get the presentation going on the big tech screen, she hears a wolf whistle.

Confused, she turns around to see who did it but everyone remains expressionless. She scrunched up her eyebrows, and then faces her computer again, turning away from the classroom.

About to press a button and get the presentation going, she immediately feels a paper airplane hit her in the back. She arches up, suddenly uncomfortable and annoyed. She turns around and scans the classroom looking for a reaction or anyone who might seem responsible. Everyone remained expressionless.

“Who did this?” Ayaka asked, the disrespect becoming more and more prevalent. Her mind felt off, confused and her body was shaking a bit, u sure of how to react.

No one responds, everyone seeming shocked or expressionless. Ayaka furrowed her eyebrows, annoyed at the lack of answers. She picked up the paper airplane and was about to out it away in the recycling bin but then she saw a “read me" on the corners of the plane. She felt a sense of ominous dread, the kind a widow feels when their sailor husband and goes off on a boat trip during a storm. She decided to take a risk and just opened the paper airplane to see what the message could be.

“Nice ass" it read. Ayaka felt her heart drop, the disgusting and disturbing message from an underage student being sent to her so bluntly just made her want to fall over. Then in the corner she hears laughing, a student bursts out into laughter while everyone looks down, a sense of shame.

Eventually she remembered she had a tongue and used it to speak.

“Why are you laughing?” Ayaka asks.

“Ha! You read my message, hope you liked it” the unknown student said. Ayaka’s hands shook, mad and furious. Her mind swarmed with ideas and thoughts to ruin the student’s life.