Chaptet 4.6

Yoimiya had decided to stay after school in the art room, working on her project thanks to the permission of Kokomi. She was busy sketching out ideas and figuring out what kinds of materials she’ll need for her idea. It was very important for her to make sure she knew the materials before working.

While in the zone, she hears a clash and looks up. She finds Amber at the doorway, peeking her head in and rubbing her shin.

“Did you hurt yourself peaking through the door?” Yoimiya asked, curious about the amusing student she has gotten the privilege of knowing.

“Yeah, I may have run too fast, cons of being a track star,” Amber said, rubbing her neck. Yoimiya giggles.

“Oh cool, I didn’t know you did track,” Yoimiya said, curious about the brown-haired girl’s life. Amber walks past the doorway and joins up with Yoimiya at her seat.

“Yeah, I’m known in Genshin District for breaking a record in track. It sure is neat to have long legs” Amber says, leaning back and glancing at her legs. Yoimiya did have to admit that they were quite long, probably taller than a small child.

“That’s cool, I hope to be known for something, at least something that isn’t my family,” Yoimiya says, muttering towards the end. She didn’t normally talk about it with others but Amber sure had an interesting aura that she couldn’t help admitting.

“Oh, well knowing you for the small amount of time, you are memorable and I’m you’ll be able to do so much more than what your family has done,” Amber says, comforting Yoimiya with her bright smile.

“Thanks, Amber” Yoimiya says. “Also why were you by the door earlier?” Yoimiya asks, wondering what Amber was up to.

“Oh, a couple of reasons, I was hoping to spend some time working on my art project like you. I also needed to ask Kokomi a few details regarding the special Inazuma introduction project that the Student Council is working on” Amber said.

“That’s so cool! What is it going to be?” Yoimiya asks, pegged for answers.
“Hehe it’s a secret,” Amber said, winking while raising her index finger to her lips.

“Aww, oh well,” Yoimiya mutters, slightly disheartens but decides to leave it alone. “Anyway, if you want to work on your art project, you might as well do it now since I think Kokomi is busy right now,” Yoimiya says, seeing Kokomi on a phone call inside her office. Amber nods and sits, grabbing her sketchbook out. She opens the sketchbook and then flips to a page of nothingness. Then she proceeds to stare at the page with a worried look on her face.

Yoimiya witnesses this, struck with confusion.

“Uh, Amber do you need help?” Yoimiya asks. Amber sighs loudly and nods.

“I’m stuck, I don’t entirely know how to represent me,” Amber says, scrunching her nose.

“Oh well, what’s something you like?” Yoimiya asks.

“Friends, good memories, and being an all-around fun person I guess,” Amber says. “But I don’t know how to make that into an art piece,” Amber adds. Yoimiya nods and decides to ask another question.

“Well, maybe it’s less of what you like and more of what would represent you?” Yoimiya says. Amber scrunches her nose more, still confused, and unsure. Yoimiya sighs, getting worried.

Then Amber takes out her phone and just lays it on the table while still trying to think. Yoimiya leans over a bit and notices her phone case, unique. It was a bunny wearing a red hat.

“What’s with the phone case?” Yoimiya asks, hoping it might have a special story behind it. Amber looks to the side and sees her phone case, turning her head a bit.

“It’s was a special art project in middle school, to make a unique phone case for yourself. I guess I watch some movie about bunnies, and I decided to make this, a cute bunny with a red hat, my favorite color” Amber says. Yoimiya found it cute. Amber then continues to speak.

“But yet, it feels so basic, to be honest” Amber adds, Yoimiya was about to protest but Amber interrupts her. “I don’t know but I can’t help but have this sneaking feeling of everyone in this school being so much cooler than me. Students having cool jobs and interests, being good at things that I’m not good at, meanwhile, I feel like my ideas and interests are all so basic and something of a default setting” Amber says. Yoimiya felt a rage inside of her grow, she refused to let Amber’s negative thinking control her mood.

“Amber! You’re not basic! I don’t care what you think!” Yoimiya exclaims. She slams her palm against the table for dramatic effect and yells, “YOU’RE SO COOL!”. Amber gets startled and laughs a bit, amused at it.

“You are in student council, not many can do that, yet you do! You are a track star for goodness sake, show off those legs of yours!” Yoimiya says, giving evidence to Amber’s coolness. “You made a really cute bunny phone case that I am a bit jealous and I’m sure others are as well,” Yoimiya adds. Amber started to laugh more, seeming loved and happy from all the praise.

“Oh okay, you can stop now, any more and I’ll explode from joy,” Amber says. She then faces her phone case and says, “you know, maybe it was fate, but I think this bunny kind of represents me”. Yoimiya nods, liking how it's going.

“I am fast, I am energetic, and I am rather social, so maybe I’ll paint a painting of a bunny as my art project,” Amber says, her eyes gleaming with inspiration. Yoimiya smiled, knowing the look when a thought hits you and you are suddenly electrified by inspiration. Happens to her when she thinks of new fireworks.

“Cool! I can’t wait to see it!” Yoimiya says. Suddenly Kokomi leaves her office, finished with her phone call.

“Hi girls, it is getting rather late, so is there anything you need help with?” Kokomi asks sweetly through with undertones of “please leave so I can go home”.

“OH, hi Kokomi, I am part of the Student Council and we just had a few questions to ask about the secret Inazuma introduction project,” Amber said, grabbing her sketchbook to put away. Yoimiya did the same, preparing to get moving and head home. She sighed, feeling a bit worried about whether she’ll finish the project time or at least be able to showcase it.

Amber and Kokomi go to talk in private for a bit, whispering and muttering. While Yoimiya wanted to eavesdrop a bit and figure out what the special project is, she knew it was respectful not too and so she did. Grabbing her backpack, she heads her way out the door. But suddenly Amber calls out.

“Wait Yoimiya!” Ambers exclaims, stopping Yoimiya in her tracks. She turns around Amber dashes up to her, grabbing her arm and bringing her to Kokomi.

“Uh, is there something wrong?” Yoimiya asks, confused.

“No, I was just wondering you wish to help with the Inazuma introduction project?” Kokomi asks, leaving Yoimiya confused. “I think it’ll do nicely with your art project”