Chapter 3.3

Comment and vote pls!

Razor felt his heart race a bit, causing him to sweat a bit.

He sat on a bench, outside of the nearby forest which he had explored plenty of times since he moved to the town from Wolvendom.

He gulped, looking at his watch.

“Where is Bennett?” Razor thought, seeing no sign of Bennett who was supposed to arrive 15 minutes ago. But at the same time, there is a very good chance he got lost or he’s late because of his bad luck. Both were very possible options for Bennett and his infamous bad luck.

While Razor would be used to this and know how to adapt, this was one time he hoped that Bennett and his bad luck didn’t get involved.

He’d really needed Bennett to arrive sooner or later, at least before the kids start arriving for his special program. Razor had spent weeks working on a fun outdoor program in which he led kids out on hikes and learn about nature. It was a way for him to get volunteer hours while doing something he loves.

He brought Bennett along because he needed another person to help supervise and Bennett was his only friend. They both promised to arrive 30 minutes before 3 and it was 2:45.
Razor felt his palms get sweaty, getting anxious at the idea of dealing with kids alone. Bennett was better at dealing with children, being more lovable than him, another perk of bringing Bennett along.

But Bennett was nowhere in sight and so far, no kids have arrived yet.

“Wait kids be arriving right now, where are they?” Razor thought, a realization hitting him. The parking lot was sparse and he was now worrying that no one signed up or wanted to partake.

“Oh god, I knew this was a bad idea. No parents want their children in the woods with some teenager, oh god" Razor’s mind began to speed up, hyperventilating while on the outside he seemed calm. A normal habit of his developed from years of being quiet and trying not to seem obvious about having g a crush on your best friend.
But at the moment, Razor knew he needed to focus and try to figure something out. Except he had no idea what to do.

“Razor! I’m here!” Bennett cried, dashing out of the forest. Razor regain focus and stood up, confused on why Bennett was bleeding and running from a first. But at the same time, it was Bennett, of course, he would be.

“Bennett, you good? Razor said, forming few words, another habit of his. He was never one to speak for long or at all, thus another reason why Bennett was joining him, because the boy can speak for hours of, he wasn’t so hindered down from his bad luck.

“I’m here, uh long story short, I accidentally fell off my bike and got lost in the forest for a bit," Bennett said, chuckling a bit and still grinning like an idiot.

“at least he’s my idiot,” Razor thought, a smile creeping upon him. Then another thought popped back up, souring his mood.

“But is he yours?” A thought, another reminder of a dream Razor has had since middle school but he knew that it was probably best to stay friends. After all, it could ruin their friendship and it wasn’t worth that.

“Thank god I made it, sorry I’m late though,” Bennett said, rubbing the back of his head. Razor placed a hand on Bennett’s shoulder and nodded, at least he understood. Bennett chuckled, seeming grateful.

“Anyway, where are the kids?” Bennett asked, looking at the sparse parking lot. Razor shrugged, remembering his important crisis. He looked at his phone, seeing that it was 2:55 before they’re supposed to begin. Razor felt his soul cry a bit, wishing for even just a single kid to the gods.

Then in a moment of blessing, a car hastily turned into the parking lot, going a bit too fast for a parking lot. Razor and Bennett both gasped, feeling their spirits rise a bit.

The car parked and they both heard it, the sound of a child. Bennett smiled while Razor beamed, grateful to have someone participate in the program.

“Yippee, the outdoors!” a child said, dashing from the car and towards Bennett and Razor. Razor could see that it was a little girl, wearing a large red hoodie and shorts despite it being fairly cold today.

“Hello! What’s your name?” Bennett said, grabbing his clipboard to write it down and track attendance.

“I’m Klee mister!” Klee said loudly. She smiled brightly; her eyes full of innocence that warmed Razor’s heart.

“Klee wait!” an older female said, leaving her car. To Razor’s surprise, it was the Genshin high school principal, Jean. Razor didn’t recognize her for a moment, seeing that she was wearing a different outfit compared to her usual professional attire. Right now, she was wearing a soccer hoodie and some jeans, very casual and different.

“Oh, hi Jean! I didn’t know you had a child” Bennett said bluntly. Razor felt his breath hitched, thinking the sentence was a bit rude. Jean got a bit flustered, stuttering at first.

“O-oh no, Klee isn’t my child, I’m just friends with her mom Alice and she wanted Klee to go to this program but she got busy at the last moment” Jean explained and they whispered despite everyone hearing it, “typical Alice".

“Oh okay, well do you have the proper paperwork?” Bennett asked. Jean nodded and handed it over to Bennett who gave it to Razor and Razor placed it in his bag. Razor knew well enough that such important paperwork couldn’t be risked around Bennett’s bad luck. He didn’t want to be rude beforehand when the two discussed their responsibilities but the program was important to Razor and Bennett understood that.

“Alright then, I’m glad Klee is here, we shall have a splendid time exploring the great outdoors!” Bennett said enthusiastically to ease Jean's worries.

“That’s nice, thank you," Jean said, and then she turned to Klee who was poking a rock. “now Klee, be nice and listen to these people, have fun as well," Jean said. Klee nodded and Jean then waved goodbye and returned to her car.

“Alright Klee, keys begin our fun hike!” Bennett said, reaching us hand out for Klee to grab. Klee accepted it and the two began to walk towards the forest. Razor was still standing still, not leading the two.

The two promptly stopped and Bennett turned his head back, chuckling a bit nervously.

“Um Razor, where are we going?” Bennett asked. Razor rolled his eyes, smiling a bit, and catches up to the pair, leading the group into the forest.