Chapter 4.8

Ayaka strolled around the park, glancing and appreciating the beautiful scenery of Sakura trees and grass with the same hue as the grass from Inazuma. She could see the little lined gardens of Dendrobium, reminding her of Nazuchi Beach before the old president. It warmed her heart, the days she would spend there as a child, playing in the white sands and traversing to the small rocks across saltwater, imaging them as islands to explore.

Eventually, she turned a corner, walking away from the crowds who were all loud with chatter and clanging plates as good was served out. While she appreciated the community, she wanted some peace and quiet, wishing to appreciate the newly built scenery.

The Inazuma Park was placed on a cliff that overlooked the Genshin District. Looking in the ground while strolling towards the cliff, she saw the numerous Sakura blooms, something she was always fond of, loving the beautiful shade of pink and its ability to be elegantly displayed on the ground or when falling. It would gracefully fall twirling, slow and pretty, never faltering to make a mistake, and eventually land peacefully on the ground. It would match and not seem overly cluttered with the other Sakura looms on the ground.  To Ayaka, nature’s ability to look pretty always surprised and exceeded her expectations.

When glancing at the Sakura blossoms, her eyes would see that the stone paths end a few feet before the cliff which was edged off with a wooden fence. The wooden fence was small and very much look new, so she stood behind, smiling at the twinkling lights of the Genshin District.

From far away, she saw lights of each house, some starting to dim at the late hour while others staying bright. She could see the Wanmin restaurant sign, glowing largely during the nighttime. She could also see in the center of the district, the high school, rising tall amongst the other smaller buildings.

The massive building loomed and held an ominous aura that made Ayaka feel iffy.

She never saw the school in such lighting but she knew that it was a good school I’m whole, despite certain students who try to prove otherwise. She was invited to be a part of something amazing and she wanted to stick with it, even if the world tried to bring her down.

While admiring the view, she hears a creak. Gasping abruptly, she turns around, holding out a small fan she carries at all times.

“Who’s there?” she asked, slightly worried.

“Oh Miss Ayaka, don’t fear, it’s only me," Jean the principal said. Ayaka let out a sigh of relief, grateful for it is Jean. She was also grateful that Jean was next to her, being a strong woman that Ayaka admired.

“Oh, thank goodness," Ayaka says, chuckling softly. She then turns around to continue enjoying the view. Jean stands by her side, admiring as well.

The two stand in silence, seeing the many lights and hearing a distance party chatter from the center of the Inazuma Park. Jean eventually breaks the silence.

“Hey, I’m sorry how things turned out on your first day, having to deal with a troublesome student," Jean says, seeming ashamed.

“Oh, I appreciate that, he sure wasn’t a very nice student," Ayaka says lightly, not in the mood to rehash the feelings of embarrassment and anger. But her curiosity did peak her, “so what did happen to him? Because I’m not seeing him anymore,” Ayaka asks.

“He was expelled according to the Superintendent’s new policy" Jean answers. Ayaka widens her eyes, surprised at the harsh punishment. “The family moves out tomorrow and a new one is said to be coming next month" Jean adds while focusing on the view.

Ayaka felt stunned, unsure of how to feel. While the student was mean to her, she knew that being expelled meant being evicted from the town, a big change, and punishment.

“To be fair, the kid had been bullying some of his peers in middle school but he got away with it. But since the new superintendent of the Genshin District, her policies have made it no room for errors or bad decisions in this town,” Jean said. Ayaka felt less bad, hearing that detail. The kid had no development and therefore was helpless in Ayaka’s eyes.

“Oh okay, that makes more sense,” Ayaka says, glancing at the view now and wanting to focus on it.

“Yeah, Superintendent Signora wants no mistakes in her schools now she’s in charge" Jean finishes before the two go silent.

Ayaka hears a microphone boom in the background and she turns around. She hears the faint voice of Yoimiya. Ayaka nudges Jean and says, “I think the fireworks will be starting soon,”.
Jean nodded and the two walked back together, hearing Yoimiya's voice get louder.

The two returned to the party and were intercepted by Lisa, who grabbed Jean to her side.

“I hope nothing too scandalous was happening between you two," Lisa says, her breath reeking of alcohol. Jean rolled her eyes a bit, standing firm. Ayaka also couldn’t help but notice Lisa's boobs rubbing onto Jean’s arm, trying to break Jean.

“Oh no, nothing much. Jean was just talking to me and wondering how I was faring for my first week here,” Ayaka says, preventing Jean who was having a hard time explaining herself to a seducing Lisa, acting like a statue.

“Good to know, cutie," Lisa says, drawing out a cutie. Jean's facepalms herself and drags Lisa away to the back of the party. Ayaka giggles as Lisa gives kisses to Jean who was busy trying to hide the two from the student’s views.

“How cute," Ayaka says, then turns to face Yoimiya who was still talking.