Chapter 6.2

Klee rushes into the house, extremely excited to see her mommy. Mommy was always too busy to play with Klee, either working at her job or working with the pretty older girl named Barbra. Klee did feel proud of her mom, always being busy and being productive but she also felt a slight tinge of sadness, wanting to be with her mom.

Now, she could play with mommy as mommy said that Sundays are her days off and together, they could do whatever Klee wanted to do. In the car, Klee had come up with an entire list and ideas of what to do, thinking of doing hiking, building fires, volcanoes and so much more of Klee’s favorite activities.

She always loved being outside and hearing the crackling noises of a fire or the booms of a paper Mache volcano, feeling all so real to her. Yet sometimes she did feel a bit off from her peers as they were always obsessed with some video games or whatever they were doing on their tablets. She didn’t see anything wrong with that and occasionally participated but not many would join with her in her favorite things.  Qiqi, Diona, and Sayu all were eager to join her in her favorite things but sometimes they had to change it up and do her friends’ favorite things to be fair.

But when Klee was with Mommy, the two of them all did fun things and the fun would never end, at least till it would end or Klee would get too tired to continue.

Klee walked around her own home, calling out for her mommy.

“MOMMY! WHERE ARE YOU!” Klee shouts out, giggling a bit. She couldn’t help but be reminded of the game Windtrace, now wondering if that was what mommy was doing. Klee ran around, searching in cabinets, closets, under the table, and more. She had a feeling that she would find her mommy and she would be welcomed with kisses and hugs.

“Klee where are you?” Jean shouted out.

“In the kitchen!” Klee exclaimed. Then on the countertop, she finds a piece of paper. She was too small to be able to read from the countertop, so she jumped a bit to grab it. The paper had a fancy little design around it, swirls of what she knew were fire. She gleamed at it, distracted by the pretty designs of the paper. Eventually, she realized it had writing on it.

“Klee, what are you holding?” Jean asked, arching an eyebrow. Klee smiled and handed the paper to her, assuming that it must’ve been some kind of “bills” or “taxes” that mommy talks about and gets stressed over.

Jean reads it, her face getting more and more scary and pale. Klee felt nervous, confused by the frowns and fear that Jean kept displaying. It seemed like she was watching a horror movie.

“I-is everything alright Jean?” Klee asked, confused. She could feel a sour feeling in her stomach, churning and ruining the mood. Jean covers her face, her eyes getting wet.

“O-oh doesn’t cry Jean," Klee said, getting increasingly worried. “Mommy will be here soon and I’m sure she’ll be able to help,” Klee said, now assuming that mommy just left for some groceries or something else. Jean let out a small whimper, and then swallowed, composing herself.

She looked down on Klee, her eyes were rife with confusion.

“Klee let’s get back in the car, I’ll take you to my place for now,” Jean said, leaving the kitchen, clutching the paper vigorously.

“B-but what about mommy?” Klee asked, confused now.

“I don’t want you to be alone in the house right now, alright,” Jean simply said, and Klee nodded. She followed solemnly to Jean, entering her car again and going back to Jean’s house. She looked back, remembering the fun times that Mommy and she had in their home, but she knew that Mommy would be back sooner or later, and the fun could continue.