Chapter 8.8

“Whoa, I can’t believe that path led us to this pretty scenery, such a great view!” Bennett exclaimed, glancing up at the starry night sky. The two boys were playing volleyball when the ball had rolled into the bushes and Razor noticed a set of tracks. Bennett suggested following them, curious and they eventually had reached the top of the rock formation, seeing the gorgeous view before them.

“Yes,” Razor replied. Bennett felt his eyes get hypnotized by the vast cosmos above him, seeing the ridiculous number of stars that shined. Living in a town with lots of light pollution, he’d never seen such a sight.

“Razor, have you ever seen so many stars before in the night sky?” Bennett asked, sitting down on the soft grass, head tilted upwards.

“Yes, Wolvendom,” Razor answered wistfully. Bennett nodded, understanding. Wolvendom was very rural from the rest of Mondstadt, being mostly woods, so he could understand Razor seeing this sight every night.

“But it’s so pretty, I’m sure you can’t not get used to it,” Bennett said, still in awe of the night sky.

“I-,” Razor said before getting cut off by loud explosions in the night sky.
BOOM! CRACKLE!

“Fireworks!” Bennett exclaimed, ecstatic to see the colorful fiery lights exploded into the beautiful sky. He always loved them, loving the beautiful shapes they took and the bright colors, it was exhilarating for him.

Yet as loud as the fireworks were, Bennett heard whimpering, a slight whining noise next to him. Bennett looked next to him and saw a scared Razor, covering his ears and closing his eyes intensely.

“Oh, Razor,” Bennett said softly, his voice laced with worry. He suddenly remembered the time Razor mentioned his fear of loud explosive noises, from years of living in a forest where poachers commonly hunt, hurting animal friends of his.

He was unable to attend the Inazuma park reveal, having a feeling that they’ll be fireworks at the opening, but the two made the best of it and stayed in together that night, playing video games and ignoring the explosive fireworks outside.

Bennett felt guilty, disappointed at himself for enjoying the fireworks while his friend was reminded of old wolf companions that had gotten shot by poachers. Bennett laid a hand on Razor’s shoulder, then decided to block the fireworks from Razor’s view.

“Razor, Razor, I'm here,” Bennett crooned softly, rubbing Razor’s shoulder. He wanted to help block out the sound, but he didn’t know what would calm the boy down. “P-please let me help you, I-I want to help,” Bennett stuttered, worried and unsure of what to do. He has rarely seen Razor get so panicky, if ever.

Then Razor peaked through his hands, glancing at Bennett. The country boy’s eyes flickered with a sense of yearning and passion, shocking Bennett. Then in an instant, Razor leans forwards and kisses Bennett, their lips meeting. Bennett gasps in the kiss, before pushing against Razor, loving the way his lips felt so warm.

Razor’s hands crept up into Bennett’s face, cupping his cheek. Bennett pressed his weight onto Razor’s legs, finding stability as the two continue to kiss, eyes closed and intertwined. Finally, the fireworks end and the two broke apart, gasping for air as they stare at one another, Bennett shocked.

“Ahhhh,” Razor said, seemingly unsure of what to say next. Bennett was also unsure of what to say, but he did know one thing, he loved kissing Razor and wanted to do more of it.

“C-can we kiss some more? I-I really liked it,” Bennett says and Razor dives right back into, their lips finding one another. Razor’s hands find Bennett’s waist as Bennet cups Razor’s face. Bennett blushed when he felt Razor squeeze his waist, loving the feeling of his hands on him. He wished for it more.

Razor then presses his tongue towards Bennett’s teeth, asking for entrance and the unlucky boy opens, whining as he feels Razor’s tongue inside of him.

Bennett began to fall backward onto the grass, Razor on top of him. It all got so heated, Razor moving onto his neck and biting down marks, sucking on them afterward. Bennett wanted Razor to mark him everywhere, wanting to be his but romantically.

“Y-yes” Bennett moans out lightly, feeling Razor nip and suck at the point where his neck and jawline meet underneath his ear lobe, it felt so good, teasing his nerves alive.

“W-will you be mine?” Razor said in a deep lowly voice, breaking apart and glaring with an intense stare that screamed love and desperation yet in a hot deep way that didn’t seem clingy.

“Yes, always,” Bennett said, whining as Razor wasn’t kissing him enough. Razor smiles, breaking from his current sexy vibe, showing sweet genuine happiness. Bennett reciprocated it back, giving off his usual sweet smile that Razor said was cute once. It made the wolf-like boy suddenly lean back into kissing, littering Bennett’s face with kisses and marks.

And they stayed like underneath the universe, their love blooming like a flower in spring.

---

Elsewhere, another couple finds each other underneath the starry night. Lisa sits herself down on the beach, looking out at the dark ocean brightened by the soft glow of the moon. Hearing the tides drift up and down almost made her lull asleep until a familiar voice brought her to consciousness.

“Lisa!” Jean exclaims, hurrying to the librarian. Lisa smirked, loving how the woman looked in the moonlight, so beautiful and elegant, truly a piece of art. 

She always found Albedo’s attempt at drawing a portrait of Jean to be lacking, missing something of Jean that didn’t complete the whole picture. Albedo claims it is love; Lisa thinks Albedo is just not that good.

“Lisa is careful, you might catch a cold,” Jean frets, sitting alongside Lisa and hugging, warming Lisa up.

“Thanks, darling, I appreciate the thought,” Lisa says, stretching out her arms to wrap Jean, hugging her back.

“I hope you’ve been enjoying the archipelago,” Jean says, whispering as Lisa leans her head against Jean’s shoulder, the two intertwined while looking out.

Lisa pauses, thinking about how much fun she has had over the past few days. The archipelago had been able to give her one of the most relaxing times of her life, enjoying the beach, exploring when in the mood, and being able to enjoy it with her girlfriend. While taking care of students was annoying at times, she still has been loving every day.

“I love it here, truly amazing,” Lisa says, giving a sloppy peck to Jean’s cheek. Lisa could feel Jean heat up, blushing from the peck.

“O-oh good then, that’s nice to know, especially for the future,” Jean says. Lisa felt excited, wondering if she meant that they would be able to return together as a vacation. She didn’t press on though, wanting to keep it a surprise for her. Surprises sure were coming to say the least.

End of Chapter 8