Chapter 8.5

It was match point, and Kujou Sara was preparing to serve the ball, needing one more point to beat Yae Miko, the devious pink fox of a girl at volleyball. Sara swallowed, wanting to remove the taste of her bile aka her angrily biting her tongue accidentally during the match. With a clear mind, focusing only on the ball, she threw the ball up and hit it, serving the ball.

The hot archipelago sunlight beamed onto her, making her forehead bead with sweat. The ball was able to successfully be sent into the other court. She would sigh out of relief, but she had learned early on that Yae Miko was really good at volleyball, capable of being a one-man team all on her own. Sara was a bit overconfident in her skills, but she had been putting every single calorie of energy into paving her path to winning.

Yae Miko pressed her forearms together and hits the ball, letting it fly into the air. She seemed to be ready to take her second hit, a rule they made due to being a 1v1 match compared to usual 3v3 volleyball games. But to both of their surprise, the ball flies high and goes into Sara’s court, the perfect shot for a spike.

“W-wait no” Yae Miko whimpers out, seeing her mistake clear as day. Sara sharpens her eyes, beginning to dash her way to the ball. Sand skipped as she dashed forward and leaped into the air like a frog, blocking the sunlight in Yae Miko’s eyes. Sara could see Yae Miko’s face drop, her eyes wide with fear, the face a person makes as before they witness their inevitable downfall. Sara smirked, and spiked the ball with a thundering fury, like a proud Inazuman.

“Hi-YAH!” Sara cries out, spiking the ball and letting it smash into the sand of Yae Miko’s court. Yae Miko falls to her knees, sullen at her defeat.

“Whoo! Go, Sara! Strong and pretty like a thunderstorm!” Ei cheers out, jumping up and down gleefully. Sara smiles warmed at the sight of Ei cheering her on while bouncing up and down.

She ran up to Ei, and Ei leaned forward, hugging her. Sara gasped, her nerves on fire as she could smell Ei’s lavender melon shampoo that she especially imports from Inazuma personally. She could also feel Ei’s soft hand land on her back, making her skin tingle at the delicate features.

“T-thanks Ei, it was nothing really,” Sara says, humbling herself.

“But it was something, Yae Miko used to do volleyball as a sport, so beating her is hard. You did really well,” Ei said, continuing to cheer her on, smiling beautifully. Sara almost wanted to tear up, loving the praise and attention she was getting.

Then Ei reached out and grabbed Sara’s hand, holding, and squeezing her hand while giving a genuine smile, bashfully though. Sara’s face warmed up significantly, surprised at the display of affection.

“Are you okay, you’re red?” Ei asks, arching an eyebrow.

“Oh, you know, playing volleyball for an hour can make you sweaty and red, ha-ha” Sara excuses, wanting to avoid explaining the intense feelings of love she felt for Ei.

“O-oh okay, yeah maybe you should take a shower,” Ei suggests, pointing to the hotel behind them. Sara nods, feeling gross and sweaty and willing to do anything for Ei.

“Will do,” Sara says, jogging back as she screams inside, giggling and squealing like crazy. “I’m never washing my hand again,” Sara whispers, looking at the hand that Ei squeezed.

“Huh, what did you say?” Ei called out, the two not far apart enough.

“O-oh nothing, just hungry,” Sara stutters out, feeling embarrassed.

“Okay,” Ei responds. Sara continues to jog her way to the hotel, finding her room through the spreadsheet provided. She went up to her room, seeing her stuff having already been displaced, and got into the shower. When inside the shower, she giggles and begins to laugh like crazy.