Chapter 3.2

Fischl found a table and chair in a remote part of the library and sat down, sighing loudly while Oz perches on a nearby chair.

It had been a rough day for Fischl, having to deal with over-demanding teachers, students who think they were the shit, all while preventing Oz from attacking someone with their new medication that made him a bit too rampant. She eyed Oz, who seemed fine right now, but she knew that if he went within the vicinity of a human, he would not hesitate to swoop on them.

“God I need to get a medication for Oz got to set up an appointment and more,” Fischl thought, feeling a tad bit overwhelmed. She let out a grunt as she got out her phone and began to dial the number for Oz’s doctor.

“Are you okay Fischl?” a familiar voice said. Fischl jerked her head backward, startled by the sound of a human. She really hoped it wasn’t another annoying student, especially one who wanted to complain about Oz.

“Fischl it's me,” Lisa said, appearing from one of the dark unlit shelves. Due to Fischl’s place in the library, the area wasn’t very well lit except for the lamps on the tables, meaning it was easy for people to spook upon her.

“Oh, hey Lisa, you scared me for a bit,” Fischl said, letting out a breath of relief. Lisa chuckled a bit, seemingly amused.

“Oh no worries, I apologize. Anyway, I just want to check on you” Lisa said, grabbing a chair to sit at the table. Fischl gulped, appreciating Lisa’s gesture of kindness.

“Oh, it’s been alright I guess, just a rough day,” Fischl said, not wanting to make Lisa worry.

“Mm well that does happen, I sure can recall my fair share of rough days. I was worried since I did hear about you running around the school to get Oz” Lisa said. Fischl winced, flashbacking to her 6thperiod, spending the majority of it out of class and having to calm Oz down after a student thought it was a good idea to blow a whistle in its face.

“Yeah, well it was tiring,” Fischl said, then whispering, “especially when Eula gave me extra homework as a punishment”.

“Aw well, I’m sorry. I know Oz is important to you, and yet bringing him to school sure holds a big responsibility” Lisa said, looking at the onyx black raven who was perched, staring aimlessly into space. Fischl smiled, grateful to have such a companion with her, even when humans suck sometimes, she at least had Oz.

“Which on the topic of responsibilities, how have your volunteer hours been going?” Lisa asked, casting a curious glance back at Fischl. Fischl felt her heart drop a bit, suddenly remembering it. She had done no hours of volunteering, having been focused on schools and Oz. She let out a hearty groan, suddenly feeling a new layer of dread and anxiety.

“I’m guessing no from your groan,” Lisa said. Fischl nodded, too panicky to speak.

Lisa reached over and grabbed Fischl’s hand. “Don’t worry, you have time” Lisa said, then adding with a smile, “and I have the perfect opportunity for you!”. Fischl arched an eyebrow, confused. Lisa grabbed out a flyer that she had randomly in her pocket and placed it on the table.

Before Fischl could read, Lisa began to speak about it out loud.

“The Genshin Elementary needs volunteers to help with managing children and it would be the perfect chance to get hours and maybe relax,” Lisa said, showing a capitalistic smile. Fischl felt hesitant, unsure of whether to accept or not.

“children? I don’t know, seems more stressful than relaxing” Fischl thought, remembering the time she had to babysit a neighbor’s kid. “Uhm” Fischl said, not wanting to hurt Lisa’s feelings.

“Hesitant? Don’t worry Fischl, children are a delight and it could be a fun experience” Lisa said, beaming brightly.

“you know what, why not, I clearly need the hours” Fischl concluded, deciding that a child can’t be much harder than Oz.

“Alright I’ll do it, I guess I should give them a call and such” Fischl said, grabbing her phone to make the call.

“Congrats!” Lisa said, clapping quietly.

She then got up and left, waving goodbye a bit before descending into the dark pathways of the library. Fischl waved goodbye and immediately called the elementary school.

After scheduling and setting up her hours, Fischl beamed a bit, glad to have something go right for her, tackling something manageable, especially compared to difficult humans.