Chapter 2.6

Xingqiu, Hu Tao, Xiangling and Chongyun were all walking to the parking lot to Hu Tao’s car. Chongyun stood idly off to the side of the group, mentally going over book notes for the discussion later on.

“I can’t wait to see your job, Hu Tao!” Xingqiu exclaimed, breaking Chongyun’s stream of thought. He turned his head to see the dark smirky blue hair boy excitably chatter about something but Chongyun’s eyes were more focused on his face.

He couldn’t help but stare at the pretty pool-like eyes, his petite facial features despite being such a powerful person. It was all alluring for some reason, then it got broken as Hu Tao asked Chongyun a question.

“Chongyun, can you handle blood?” Hu Tao asked, her face popping closely to Chongyun’s. Chongyun arched his head backward, creating space between his head and Hu Tao’s.

“Um, yeah I can handle it,” Chongyun said, reflecting on previous cuts and wounds and his little reaction to them.

“Oh good, I would’ve lost respect for you since blood just be red liquids. Also, it would be difficult to enter the funeral parlor and reach the breakroom as there are occasionally bloodstains on the wall and the breakroom smells metallic” Hu Tao said. Chongyun gulped, nervous to be visiting a funeral parlor.

The group got into Hu Tao’s car, a black sleek vehicle that had five seats in black leather. But amongst all of the black, the cupholders were a fiery orange for some reason. Chongyun raised an eyebrow, about to ask what was up with that but he got beaten by someone else.

“Hu Tao, I get the black aesthetic, but what’s up with the orange cupholders?” Xiangling asked, pointing to them.

“Oh, it just a nice contrast I placed, I really like fire and I tend to work with it, so it just neat,” Hu Tao said, then placing her phone in one of the orange cupholders. Chongyun noticed her phone case had a spooky cartoon ghost on it, looking rather cute. He envied it a bit, wishing to have a cute cartoon-ish character on his phone case.

On the drive over, the group all chattered, talking about school, any fun stories, and more. Chongyun listened, being rather introverted compared to the rest of the group members. It not that he didn’t enjoy being with them but he just doesn’t always feel the energy to speak and talk all the time, especially in large groups.

Eventually, the group had arrived at the WangSheng Funeral Parlor where Hu Tao works and the group was meeting so Hu Tao could work still.

The gang got off her car and all begin walking up to the large building.
“Un Hu Tao, is it alright for us to be inside the building with you despite you working?” Xingqiu asked.

“Oh, don’t worry, we’ll just be in the break room, you guys won’t actually watch me work,” Hu Tao said, a smile lingering on her face.

Chongyun took a breath, he may be able to handle blood, but he wasn’t so sure about dead bodies or insides of them.

Hu Tao took notice of Chongyun’s fear and quickly commented, “also I don’t cut open dead bodies, I just help loved ones be able to properly memorialize their dead ones” and then she quickly whispers, “though I do cremate them” which the rest of the group didn’t quite hear.

“Anyway, let's get moving on inside” Hu Tao exclaimed loudly, leading the way inside. Hu Tao opened the large doors and strode over towards the front desk, giving a random hand gesture to the clerk.

“Hu Tao, was that a specific hand gesture for scenarios like this?” Xiangling asked, raising an eyebrow at the combination of what was a thumbs up but also a middle finger.

High Impact || Genshin Impact H.S AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें