Chapter 9.1

Yae Miko stared directly ahead in the hallway, occasionally glancing at the people around her in the hallways. She winced, seeing a girl chase her crow around the school, finding it atrocious and unnecessary. She felt baffled by the school’s carelessness, very odd from her years in Inazuma, under strict and constant management by her mom and teachers.

She rolls her eyes at the memory of her mom, annoyed at the woman's strict nature. Hanging out with Ei and Sara would make life more fun and less constricting but ever since she had kissed Ei at the archipelago, she had been separated from Sara and Ei. Now life felt boring and exhaustion drew on her life spirit.

In the hallway, Yae Miko spots the two whisperings and being cute together against a locker. Walking past them, the two tense up, tightening her chest and making her heart sting a bit, but she continues forward, doing her best to ignore them.

As she passes by Ei and Sara, she hears them continuing to cutely whisper and talk, to which she lets her head fall, not wanting the world to see her distressed face. Looking at the linoleum ground, she reflects and considers the actions she did.

“God kissing her, why would I do that?” She asks herself, feeling a mental punch to her gut. She wanted to hide every time the memory reappeared in her mind.

Immediately her stomach started to feel physically upset, so revolted at the memory she had to digest it out. She heads to the girls' bathroom, rushing straight to the bathroom despite class starting soon.

While taking a dump, she hears three girls enter the stalls alongside her. Then the bell rings and she groans silently, wanting to leave.

“And then Childe starts talking to me, claiming I’ll really like this one dude that is planning to come to the school, and I was like “he’s short” and Childe took offense at that,” a familiar voice said. “I don’t know what the hell my horoscope is saying by it saying that love is in my future because that tiny man was not loved,” they added. Yae Miko rolled her eyes, realizing it was Mona, the astrologist-obsessed girl in her math class. She also knew that her other two friends were likely alongside her, Keqing and Ganyu, the three always together like a cult.

“Well, you know, size isn’t everything, Mona. He might be charming,” a sweet kind voice said. Yae Miko realized it was Ganyu, the student council member. The girl was sweet and very clingy to the rich af and slightly hot-headed purple-haired girl, Keqing. Yae Miko believed that if Ganyu didn’t have a student council, that the blue-haired girl's only interest would be Keqing, and she found it sickening.

“I call BS on that- anyway, let me fix my makeup,” Mona replies. Yae Miko continues to ignore the three girls outside of her stall, just wanting to finish and go to her class. Then as she was about to leave, an older female voice pops up.

“Ah, Ganyu, Keqing, and Mona, you’re late, the bell rang five minutes ago. Detention,” the older female voice said. Yae Miko realized she was equally screwed as well, at risk of getting detention. She gulped and grabbed out a sheet of paper, remembering the yearbook’s advisor’s handwriting, Albedo. Scribbling it down, she recreates the science teacher’s handwriting perfectly, spending years taking calligraphy and learning the ability to forge.

“Uh wait ma’am!” Yae Miko cries out, dashing out the stall, surprising the trio of girls. Yae Miko sees that it was Jean who was in the girl’s bathroom.

“We’re on the yearbook, here’s the note,” Yae Miko says briefly, handing it to Jean. Jean takes it, inspects it carefully, and hands it back.

“Alright then,” she says and then leaves. The four girls pause, waiting for a beat before Keqing first speaks, grabbing the forgery.

“This forgery is incredible,” Keqing says, admiring it. Yae Miko pauses, waiting for more. “You’re Yae Miko, right?” Keqing asks, eyeing her down. Yae Miko nods.

Then the three girls all huddle around, leaving Yae Miko on the outside. Yae Miko felt a bit out of place, only wanting to leave and go to class, not be stuck in the bathroom with the three most popular girls at her school. Eventually, the huddle disperses.

“Join us!” Ganyu exclaims excitedly, catching Yae Miko by surprise.

“W-wait what?” Yae Miko asks, confused.

“Join us for Student Council, we could use someone with your skillset,” Keqing says. The pink-haired girl inspects the trio’s faces, hoping to sense some form of a lie but she found none.

“I’m confused,”

“Ugh, I’ll explain,” Moan interjects. “We all three have plans to run for Student Council, filling out positions and making it easy to get our way for decisions. But we could use another vote and especially someone with your skillset, it’ll make it easy to convince others with a little forgery,” Mona explains. Yae Miko nods, understanding a little bit but also not really, simply nodding blankly.

“So you want me to join you guys for Student Council, so you can have the upper hand in votes and decisions in Student Council,” Yae Miko clarifies.

“Yes, Inazuma will be joining the table which is why we’re having early reelections. You’ll take one of the two Inazuman seats, Mona takes a Mondstadt seat, and Ganyu and I will fill the Liyue seats. This way, the four of us are unstoppable and no one can decide against our decisions,” Keqing explains.

Yae Miko stops to think a bit, wondering if she should get caught up in all of this. She heard about the reelections, but she didn’t pay any mind, finding it all dumb in her opinion. Yet standing there, watching three pretty girls ask her to join their ambitious plan.

“But how do you know I’ll win?” Yae Miko asks, not wanting to invest energy into a failure.

“You’re hot, that’s how,” Mona deadpans. Yae Miko opens her mouth, looks at herself in the mirror, and shuts her mouth. She realized that Mona had a point after all.

“O-oh okay, um I guess so,” Yae Miko says, hesitant to join. Yet she didn’t have much going on and with Ei and Sara not talking to her, she decided she needed to make some new friends.

“Hurray! I’ll send the information to sign up later today,” Ganyu says. Yae Miko gives a thumbs up and the three pretty girls all began to leave the bathroom, leaving Yae Miko to question what the hell she got herself into.