Epilogue 2

The light blinded her, making her emit a loud groan. Her body felt sore and tired as if stone weighed her body down.

“Let’s go!” Aether hollered, flickering her light switch on and off. Lumine groaned again, turning over to cover her face into the pillow.

“I don’t wanna,” Lumine murmured, letting the darkness drift her back to sleepiness. Then she felt a tug, multiple tugs in fact, and soon enough her pillow was removed.

“Hey! We got to GO!” Aether exclaimed, piercing her eardrums. Lumine sighed in defeat and swung out her legs, collapsing onto the ground and then weakly standing up. Aether only scoffed and walked away.

Lumine staggered around her temporary bedroom, gathering the last of her things and placing them into her suitcase. The whole ordeal reminded her of the last time she left to attend Genshin High, located in a far-off land that has been described as heaven on crack.

The rush of nostalgia left a bitter aftertaste in her heart as she was cruelly reminded of her former boyfriend and actual terrorist.
She placed her toothbrush into the suitcase and began to take it downstairs.

Looking around, she saw the temporary home in Mondstadt, a small house that was essentially where her mother was living while the twins were at the Golden Apple Archipelago.

In Lumine’s heart, the house didn’t feel much of a home, as she didn’t spend many happy memories in the place over the past year.

“Oooh my cute children, get in the frame, I’m taking a picture,” her mother announced. Lumine shrugged and stood alongside her eager twin brother who smiled and wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

Lumine gave a small peace sign and a weak smile, hoping it would satisfy her mother.  It did as her mother moved away, exclaiming how she loved the picture and will put it in her scrapbook.

“Wow, senior year, round-two I guess,” Aether said to Lumine. The blond-haired girl only nodded, not feeling elated about having to repeat a year.

After the destruction of the Golden Apple Archipelago, it was officially decided that the school would be held off for a year. The students were given a choice to either leave and continue their senior year elsewhere or take a gap year while the new high school is built, and then repeat their year.

A few students she knew left the high school, eager to finish their senior year and also get out of their college acceptance contract. Lumine slightly envied them, seeing as they had moved on in their life from the whole ordeal while she’s still stuck and feeling like her life was a broken record player.

“Okay kids, get in the car now, let’s get moving,” their mother said, and the twins entered the backseats of the small car, prepared for the long drive to the location.

Lumine plugged in her earbuds, listening to music, and watching the scenery pass by. The early morning sun eventually rose to noon sun, to than her family stopped at a Mondstadt fast food joint to eat. From there, they continued their journey to the special grassy fields in Liyue where the infamous Jade Palace was located.

On the drive, Lumine spent some time thinking, remembering, and reflecting on the past year. It felt like a waste in a way, nothing productive had happened.

For that, she felt guilty, but she knew that a lot happened and that it wasn’t her fault if she just had to sit on a bench for a while, rest, and recover for once. She couldn’t help but remember how wrecked she was, arriving at the clinic.

“No, no, no, no, NO!” Lumine shouted out, standing idly alone on the beach shore. In the far distance, she could see Childe’s helicopter fly away, soon to blink out of existence. She wasn’t ready for this, for such a heartbreak. Her future felt drained, no boyfriend, no school all of it gone down in a cruel paper shredder.