Chapter 7.12

Walking outside, he sees the trees, becoming green again after a long winter. Spring was coming, vividly noticeable from the mass amounts of puddles and bountiful green leaves occupying trees. He smiled, warmed by the sights of rebirth.

While walking, he gets plagued by the continuous thoughts of what his parents said, daring to insult Chongyun.

Xingqiu hugs himself, cold from the brisk wind breeze that passed, reminding him more of Chongyun. The light blue-haired boy may be cold all the time due to his condition but he sure wasn’t a cold person personality-wise. He was sweet and had a gentle nature, maybe nervous but always caring.

Xingqiu’s heart swelled, his romantic attraction for Chongyun growing, appreciating what he had with the boy. But at the same time, he wished for a little bit more, wishing they weren’t just platonic friends. He wanted to cuddle in the buff boy’s arms, regardless if his skin was cold, he knew that he could warm up the cold boy.

He wanted to see Chongyun get flustered and nervous, infatuated with him when flirting. He wanted to go on dates, holding his hand and sharing food cutely together. Even doing the cliché thing of wiping food off one another only to end up kissing them. All the dumb romantic tropes that Xingqiu had seen before, he wished to experience it all with Chongyun.

He hasn’t had a first kiss or anything romantic done to him, having spent most of his life studying or dealing with his parents. He wasn’t done with life and he wanted to experience it with Chongyun.

In Xingqiu’s sudden burst of emotions, mixed with the adrenaline from confronting his parents, he made a bold move. Taking a deep breath, he crossed the street, subconsciously having walked over to Chongyun’s house.

He felt jittery, shaking a lot as he continued to walk forward, his brain saying no but his body saying yes.

Eventually, the wannabe lawyer reached Chongyun’s front door, deciding to not risk breaking his window again. He stood at the porch, frozen and unsure of what to do.

“Should I knock?”

“What do I even say?”

“Gosh, these rom-com make it seem so easy” Xingqiu’s mind swirls, kicking himself for believing in the ridiculous fantasy that were rom coms.

“Uh hi Xingqiu,” Chongyun said, scaring Xingqiu off the porch that he almost tripped. Xingqiu looked up, eyes shaking and his head screaming at him.

Chongyun probably was confused, not expecting to see Xingqiu, let alone see him so nervous and awkward.

“U-uh hi Chongyun,” Xingqiu replies, stuttering and regaining his stance. He took a deep breath, regaining control of himself. He looked up and saw Chongyun’s blue eyes, so warm despite their cold color. Xingqiu smiled, feeling confident.

“I have something to say,” Xingqiu says, a bit too loudly. Chongyun arches an eyebrow, leaning against the doorframe in a way that Xingqiu found ridiculously sexy.

“I like you” Xingqiu breaths out, ripping the band-aid off. Chongyun’s eyes go wide.

“It's now or never Xingqiu,” Xingqiu tells himself mentally, biting the inside of his cheek.

“Not platonically, romantically, I-I hope you understand,” Xingqiu concludes. His hands were clenched into fists, he looks down, trembling and scared. His eyes water up a bit, the silence not helping whatsoever. He could feel regret seep in, telling him that he made a mistake and that he ruined everything.

“O-oh” Chongyun whispers. Xingqiu’s stomach sinks, he could feel the rejection coming.

“So do I,” Chongyun says. Xingqiu’s head shots up, shocked at the response. Chongyun blushes, his lips in a thin line.

“I-I” Xingqiu says, stuttering. Hearing the response, his heart is flooded with happiness, gratitude. His mind screams, but positively, overloading a bit. With a pounding heart, he tries to console it, taking a few deep breaths before speaking again. “Uh, wanna kiss?” Xingqiu asks a bit sleazily than he intended. Chongyun barks out a burst of laughter, surprised at the response.

“I would love that,” Chongyun mutters, his skin becoming redder and redder. Xingqiu knew his condition was about to rise and offset the mood, so he dived into Chongyun’s arms, leaning his head up. Chongyun being taller, closed the gap between the two, Xingqiu feeling the cold boy’s arms around his slim waist.

His lips were warm, surprising Xingqiu. They also tasted minty, likely from a Chapstick. Xingqiu’s reached his arms to Chongyun’s shoulder, feeling how buff they were, and steadying himself. He grabbed a bit too much, almost pinching Chongyun, but he didn’t mind as he could feel the cold boy’s laugh in his mouth.

They eventually let go, needing to breathe according to their human functions.

“You taste amazing,” Xingqiu says boldly, licking his lips and wanting to savor Chongyun’s taste. Chongyun blushes, looking down a bit.

“Yeah so do you,” Chongyun whispers. Xingqiu smiles, his heart leaping that he now had this shy now buff precious sweet boy, holding him, and blushing madly. He grabbed Chongyun’s chin and brought it forward to kiss him again, unable to get enough of the cold boy’s lips.

Chongyun yelps, making Xingqiu’s lips curl a bit. Chongyun pulls back first, gasping for air and having something say.

“I-I’m happy but I’m feeling a bit woozy,” Chongyun admits, drawling. Xingqiu pouts, sadden to hear that the boy needed to cool down but also slightly proud that he had made Chongyun blushing madly.

“I understand, can I stay with you or?” Xingqiu asks, not wanting to depart from the boy so soon.

“As cute as this is, I’m afraid Chongyun needs a moment,” Chongyun’s mom says, chirping into the conversation from the side. Xingqiu blushes, surprised to see Chongyun’s mom pop out of nowhere.

“O-oh okay I understand, I’ll uh text you later,” Xingqiu says. Then quickly adding, “cutie” with a wink. Chongyun gasps loudly, his face very red and his pupils dilated. Xingqiu giggles, knowing Chongyun might be red for a while, also processing the whole situation.

“That’s cute, now Chongyun let's get you into an ice bath,” his mom said, pulling a nearly collapsing Chongyun, covering his face yet peaking through his fingers to look at Xingqiu away. Xingqiu waves goodbye, sadden to see his new and first lover disappear so quickly. It stung a lot more than he expected but he didn’t want to show it, understanding that Chongyun could faint or worse if he doesn’t get an ice bath.

He stood at the door for a while, even when it was closed. He wasn’t sure why, but he felt eager to see Chongyun again.

Eventually, he knew that he had to go, with a heavy heart, he’d left the porch and headed his way, looking back with a long distance in his eyes.

“Hey! Xingqiu!” Chongyun voice rings out. Xingqiu looks up and sees a very flustered and shirtless Chongyun waving through an open window.

“I wanna you to know that you’re hot AF!” Chongyun shouts out, drawling his words. Xingqiu laughs, surprised at the bold move, smitten at the compliment.

“W-what no, I wanna keep talking to the cute boy” Chongyun loudly says, pointing at Xingqiu. Xingqiu blushes, looking around and seeing no one nearby. He was slightly grateful for that. Chongyun seemed to have been dragged back by his mom, seeing older lady hands trying to console a rather buff teenage boy.

Xingqiu laughs, louder, amused at the sight of Chongyun, waving adorably back at Xingqiu, shirtless, (He did see a small peak of Chongyun’s nipples, it was hot), like a clingy puppy.

It made Xingqiu smile, feeling better despite having to leave the said puppy behind.

Xingqiu began to walk away, Chongyun was brought back inside his house and probably put into an ice bath. Smiling to himself, Xingqiu stops walking for a moment, and jumps, punching the air. It was a bit of a cliché moment, but he wanted to celebrate his success, truly happy regarding his youth and future.

End of Chapter 7