Chapter 5.2

Rosaria pulled down her hoodie, glancing at the sunrise during her before the sunrise jog. She let out a big sigh, finding the sun melt her cold exterior slightly. Slightly. She narrows her eyes, looking around.

All she saw were a few drunk fools wandering in the streets, but no one that showed to be a real threat. Still tense, she continues her jog, putting her grey hood back on to cover her face.

She jogged her way down the street, through a back alley where she saw a few trash panadas fighting over a pizza. Passing the trash pandas, she went out the other end of the back alley and arrived at her house.

Her parents weren’t even awake yet, having learned that their daughter is rather independent and capable of handling herself a long time ago.

She thought they would leave her and just go on permanent vacation or something when she was in middle school, but they haven’t yet, and she felt a slight appreciation for that fact. While she may not interact with them much, she still felt it was nice to see them every once in a while and know they’re fine.

She hurried to her room and took a shower, wanting to deprive herself of any smell to avoid detection. She had a feeling today would get hectic and the last thing she needed is something bad happening to Barbra.

When finished with her shower, she gathered her stuff and went on her way to school. She walked briskly, sticking to the shadows, and avoiding conversation with all strangers.

When reaching the school, she sent out a quick text to Barbra.

Barbra

Hey, you here?

She stood at the door entrance, keeping a lookout for the preppy blonde girl. She did this every day, sending a text to check and be aware of Barbra’s location.

The evidence was in their text receipts, repeatedly the same interactions and conversations, as if copy and paste. As her bodyguard, she had to be aware of Barbra’s whereabouts at all times and make sure she was safe, knowing what potential disasters could befall the girl.

Barbra: I’m here now

Rosaria could tell, seeing Barbra’s car enter the drop-off zone.  Rosaria dashed over to her, preventing many fans from trying to dive into the car. It almost happened once.

“Rosaria hello!” Barbra said peppily as always. She placed a big smile and beamed wide with pure happiness. It sometimes made Rosaria sick.

“Hi Barbra,” Rosaria said bluntly, looking around for any fans. In the far distance, she eyed down someone with a camera, snickering while doing so.

She glared, thoroughly annoyed at the audacity. To ruin the photos, Rosaria pulled out a middle finger in the direction of the fan, reducing the number of photos they could get and upload. She saw them snarl and get mad. She smirked.

“Now Rosaria, that’s a bit crude,”

Barbra whined, grabbing her bag, and finally exiting the car.

“If anything, it's not crude enough,” Rosaria said, raising another middle finger. Barbra rolled her eyes, walking forward. Rosaria snickered, seeing the fan get mad and leave. Rosaria quickly followed Barbra, not wanting to lose her while trying to fend off a troublesome fan.

“Don’t get too far from me Barbra,” Rosaria warned. Barbra scoffed, likely rolling her eyes though Rosaria was unsure.

“Oh please, you worrywart,” Barbra says, muttering a bit. It was Rosaria’s turn to roll her eyes, always finding the nickname ridiculous. The two walked up the stairs, with fans and normal people eyeing her down, all bewildered in her gaze. Barbra gave some smiles and waves to them, while Rosaria walked keenly from behind her.