Chapter 8.4

“I CAN’T believe you made that shot though!” Bennett exclaimed, recalling how Razor was about to avoid the volleyball from hitting the sand by a nanosecond, surprising everyone.

“Hehe yeah,” Razor said, smiling.

“Someone’s certainly active today,” Bennett said, smiling. Then he noticed a slight wince at Razor and immediately felt bad. “Not that there is anything wrong with being quiet, Razor, I do like how you are, however you are,” Bennett added, not wanting to hurt his feelings.

“Thanks, Bennett,” Razor said softly, looking down. Bennett then noticed Razor’s ears going red, he was curious about what that was about.

He would’ve asked about it if he wasn’t also feeling very red and dizzy, his heart pounding a lot from merely hearing Razor speak. He sounded so cute and sweet, yet his deep voice also made him sound tough, so it was confusing and giving him whiplash.

“Anyway, we should be heading to our room,” Bennett said, moving the two forward down the hallway. They had just gotten off the elevator and were off to the room they got assigned to. “I certainly want a nap after a long day,” Bennett said, stretching his arms out while yawning, getting sleepy.

All day they had spent it playing volleyball, splashing each other in the ocean, and more beach activities.

Apparently, they were going to do more planned activities tomorrow according to the teachers, with less free time. Bennett was curious to see what the teachers had planned, wondering if they’ll have a chance to hike up the rock structures and see some neat cliffside views.  

Bennett walked alongside Razor, letting him find their room since he was rather tired, about to drop. Razor stopped suddenly and Bennett did the same, the wolf-like boy then grabbed a card out of his pocket and scanned it through the room scanner, opening the door to their room.

“FINALLY, now I can sleep…” Bennett says, walking into the small hotel room, before suddenly stopping as he realized something. “There’s only one bed,” Bennett said, seeing the single bed in the center of the room. He also noticed a card in the middle of the bed. He quickly grabbed the card and saw there was writing on it.

“Apologies, the bed broke this morning, we provided extra blankets and pillows,” Bennett reads out.

“I think my bad luck got really strong this morning and then just didn’t happen for the rest of the day,” Bennett said, admitting that he noticed the lack of falling or getting by rocks or even the volleyball. It was suspiciously too good today.

Razor shrugged his shoulder and then grabbed a blanket and pillow, and then immediately laid down on the floor.

“W-wait Razor, I can’t let you sleep on the ground, you'll hurt your back,” Bennett said, concerned for the boy.

“How about we sleep together on the bed?” Bennett suggested.

Razor’s eye went wide real quick, his lips pressing into a thin line. Bennett did feel a slight blood rush from the thought, his heart pounding. Before when they had sleepovers, they had a sleeping bag for one of them to sleep in while the other would sleep in the bed, never having the chance to sleep together.

Bennett carelessly brought the idea up, not expecting his own personal reaction to the thought of being so close to Razor, feeling his warmth, his hot breath on his neck, as if he was kissing-

“Agh, I mean i-if you don’t feel uncomfortable or I-,” Bennett said stumbling at his words as he tried to ignore his previous thoughts. Razor gave a thumbs up yet not looking at him. The wolf-like boy went into the bed, awkwardly and then silently patted the spot next to him on the bed. Bennett gulped, accepting the situation and settling into the bed as well.

The two sat straight up together, looking straight ahead and not making eye contact. Bennett felt confused, unsure of why they weren’t getting comfortable to sleep.

“Should we go to sleep? But weirdly I feel like that’s so adventurous. Is that the right word for this? I just feel like we’re crossing another line in our friendship, but it does feel nice,” Bennett thought, smiling, becoming brave enough to face his head toward Razor who was looking down. He reached out and patted his shoulder.

“Good night,” Bennett said softly and then got into bed, settling down and resting against his pillow. He took a deep breath and exhaled, hearing Razor get comfortable next to him as the bed rustled a bit.

Eventually, Bennett turned off the lamp at his nightstand the two settled in, falling asleep. Or that was what Bennett hoped Razor was doing.

For him, his heart was pounding like crazy, he could feel Razor’s hot breath on his neck like he’d imagined, and he LOVED IT! it felt like soft air kisses to him, the intimacy was beyond anything two had done before. He couldn’t help but blush severely, his face getting hot as his mind went wild, imagining more things. Yet a question lingered in his head.

“Why am I imagining such things? we’re just friends, right?” Bennett thought, conflicted. He’d never heard of friendships that would evoke such a passion and reaction from simply sleeping in bed together. But then tragedy struck as he felt something hard in his pants, a boner.

Oh, archons!” Bennett exclaimed mentally, his face dropping. His body had barely reacted like this, especially from Razor. He felt his hormones raging the longer Razo kept on being by his side, so many thoughts going through his head.

“What if we held hands underneath the covers?”

“What if we hugged underneath the covers?”

“What if we kissed underneath the covers?”

“What if we take off our shirts underneath the covers?” Bennett could feel a nosebleed from the last thought, remembering seeing Razor’s strong abdomen from earlier today at the beach. It had his heart thumping all day, wishing to feel it.

He sighed, and then decided something. He wanted to at least see Razor’s face, even with all of the conflicting emotions he was feeling, unsure of why such a reaction was being evoked, he decided he wanted to see Razor’s face.

He knew that by doing so, he could at least cool down a bit because Razor always brought a sense of calm with him in Bennett’s heart.

Bennett turned over, and saw Razor’s face, seeing his eyes wide open. Bennett was a bit startled by this, but he decided to say hi.

“Hi” Bennett whimpered out, sultrier than he was expecting, his voice was tired after a long day of yelling and playing in fairness.

Razor shot out of the bed, dashing into the bathroom.

“Sleeping in the tub tonight,” Razor said, before closing the door. Bennett sat up straight, shocked by the sudden change.

“Uh good night I guess,” Bennett said, then going back to sleep. Razor’s actions and his body may have been confusing him, but he had Razor’s scent that he left on the bed to lull him asleep.