Chapter 3.7

Diluc entered the classroom, his second day of volunteering at the elementary school. He glanced around the room, seeing the usual chaos of children, some stacking things too high, some making messes, etc.

He found the teacher talking to some child in the corner who was gripping a red horned blue goat toy. He walked over to the teacher to check in and make sure she was aware that he arrived.

“Hello miss, I have arrived," Diluc said, aiming to be warm.

“Huh, oh you, right. Good, um just go around and clean some stuff up" the teacher said, briefly giving Diluc much attention.

Diluc nodded and found a spray bottle of cleaner and cloth nearby him. Grabbing it, he walked around the room, spraying and wiping surfaces down.

Then in the distance, he saw her.  The cat ears popped up, rising above in the sea of children. He couldn’t see the head or face of the girl, rather only seeing her cat ears, getting closer and moving forward in the large sea of children.

Diluc gulped, getting nervous as the black cat ears got closer, walking slowly to the table.

Eventually, it popped out of the sea of children and right next to the table.
“Hissss" Diona hissed. Diluc got a bit startled, surprised to see the cat fanatic child jump out of the sea of children.

“Hello Diona," Diluc said, trying to be civil and not cause a scene with some child. Diona opened her mouth, revealing her teeth. Diluc stared for a moment, confused before getting weird, and looked away from the child’s mouth.

“Ha! Be afraid of my fangs," Diona said triumphantly, grinning. Diluc dead ass stared at Diona, with a serious look.

“You don’t have any fangs,” Diluc said bluntly. Diana's face cracked a bit, startled and surprised at the response.

“Y-yes I do, you’re probably blind or something" Diona retorted, stuttering and losing some confidence. Diluc rolled his eyes, getting annoyed at the bratty child.

“Hiss," Diona said, leaving with a snarl and angrily stomping back into the sea of children. Diluc continued to clean, trying to avoid thinking about it.

Later on, Diluc was cleaning a table, full of art supplies. He picked up two cups of water that had been used for painting, about to drain them before he was caught off guard.

“BANG!” Diona said, leaping onto the table.

“Ah!” Diluc said, startled and causing some of the colored water to spill on his hoodie.

“Hehe" Diona giggled, before hurrying away and back into the midst of children.

A build-up of anger and frustration grew rapidly inside of Diluc before he eventually shouted a bit.

“Augh!” Diluc shouted, causing some children to stare at him. He shook his head and left the classroom, going to the bathroom to try and clean his hoodie.

“Stupid child, making things much harder than it needs to be. This hoodie was a goddamn gift" Diluc thought, his thoughts building up his anger to a point he got a slight headache from them.

When he got to the bathroom, he took off the hoodie and tried to wash off the paint, angrily wiping off the paint with a paper towel. But progress was little as the paint was barely coming off.

He grunted, getting annoyed as the hoodie was from his dad, one of the few things he left behind. He gulped, trying to bite down the vile and venom, not wanting to explode at the elementary school.

He left the bathroom, his mind swirling with rage and planning g to clean his hoodie. He liked to maintain a connection with his dead father and not have money be the only proof of his father’s existence.

He turned a corner and suddenly he was startled again.

“HISS!” Diona said loudly, baring her mouth at him. Diluc jumped back, scared and surprised. When he looked down and saw the annoying kid who ruined a hoodie he treasured, a flip went off inside his head. One that he would regret flipping.

“LEAVE me alone! You insolent child!” Diluc growled out loud at Diona. Diona froze, going expressionless for a moment. But Diluc wished he was done there but he wasn’t.

“You dumb child, don’t hiss or scare me! I am trying to deal with my own life and yet here you are, ruining the things I love” Diluc yelled, raising his painted hoodie. He stopped, taking a breather. Then it hit him, what he’d done.

“Oh god, I yelled at a child” Diluc thought, hitting him like a slap across his face. He gulped, about to apologize but the child began to react first.

“S-shut up you dumb Ragnvindr! You’re the one ruining things I love” she said, tears watering her eyes and her face going red. She huffed and then begin to run away, heading in a different direction from the classroom.

Diluc stood there, shocked and confused.