Chapter 5.11

“You good Barbra?” Rosaria asked, checking in with the peppy girl as she sat on a chair in the green room. Barbra was watching something, Rosaria leaned over a bit and realized it was footage of her performance. She sighed, admiring the hard work Barbra puts into her performance whilst worried that she might be overworking a bit.

“Barbra, let’s get you home so you can sleep, not work,” Rosaria said. Barbara looked up from her phone, sighing a bit, her eyes hinting at her tired state yet she also seemed passionate.

“I guess I need to rest, Alice wouldn’t want me dead,” Barbra said, getting up from her chair and grabbing her small bag. Rosaria watches Barbra put her phone into the bag, and looks up at Rosaria in the eyes.

The two begin to walk out of the green room only to be bombarded by fans again. She hears a small groan from the tired idol trainee, clearly too exhausted to deal with her rabid fans.

“Hi everyone,” Barbra says to her fans, with less enthusiasm than usual. Rosaria stiffened at the low-energy greeting, knowing that Alice and the fans preferred more energy from Barbra.

“Let’s go,” Rosaria whispers to Barbra, leading her to the nearest exit where her ride will be waiting.
Rosaria does her best to block the enclosing fans, who were waving wildly and thrusting their phones in Barbra’s face for a photo. Barbra looked down, too tired to look or take photos.

Then out of nowhere, a large fan, two times larger than Rosaria starts to stomp their way to Barbra, screaming erratically. The large fan had a face of pure derangement, way too eager to get to Barbra, pushing fans out of the way with their mass.

Rosaria heard the fans cry out, falling to the ground as the larger fan pushed his way to Barbra. The goth felt Barbra shaking, scared as she could clearly hear the eccentric fan get closer. The two began to walk faster, trying to move past the horde of fans, all desperate for Barbra’s attention.

“BARBRA, NOTICE ME!” the deranged fan yelled out, screeching and straining their deep voice.

The fan was a few feet away from reaching Barbra before Rosaria’s instincts kicked in and she punched the large fan. The huge fan took a step backward, shocked at the display of defense. They growled and were about to move forward before Rosaria kicked them in the face and slid kicked their legs, causing them to fall.

The exit was nearby so Rosaria took the distraction to rush Barbra out the building and to her car where she’ll be safe. Rosaria pushed a few more eager fans out of the way and lunges Barbra out the building, where it was clear of fans to their surprise.

“Thanks, Rosaria,” Barbra whispered.

“Doing my job,” Rosaria replied, shoving her into the white car before any more fans could follow her. Barbra waves goodbye as the door slide owed and she was driven off home. She sighed; her heart slightly warmed at the thought of Barbra’s safety. She makes her way home, done after a day of being Barbra’s bodyguard.