Epilogue 1

Jean stepped out of the black-tinted car, her eyes glaring in the harsh sunlight. She walked out onto the grassy field, her eyes noticing the peaceful silence and the lack of looming figures or beings that she couldn’t see for miles. She let out a small sigh of relief, appreciating the quiet empty meadow.

“Jean baby, where are we?” Lisa asked, stepping out of the car as well in a breezy purple summer dress that hugged her curves. Jean’s heart always did pitter-patters when she saw Lisa wear it and today was no exception.

“S-something special,” Jean said, giving a soft grin as she connected hands with Lisa.

Ever since the explosion occurred at the Golden Apple Archipelago, the region was deemed unsafe as most of the islands were in shambles and sinking, so the school year was held off.

Jean had found Lumine, remembering she was one of the last few people who met with Signora, Childe, and Scaramouche, who have all mysteriously vanished since the explosion. It took some light consoling from the torn student but then she heard the story, of the Fatui wanting to initiate a world war. Jean didn’t believe it but then news caught wind of Fatui messing around in Natlan, interfering with the current civil war.

Upon hearing that news, Jean decided that Fatui likely was the cause for the destruction of their school, additionally finding notes of Signora’s that indirectly mentioned plots to destroy the school. Sadly, Jean couldn’t make do with that, as, after a lengthy discussion with Ningguang, one testimony and a few scribbled notes weren’t enough to accuse an entire foreign organization of attempted destruction.

Thankfully the interference in Natlan had resulted in the Fatui being suspended and all officials of the organization were quickly deported from other nations. So now Jean could sleep a bit more easily at night, knowing that the Fatui wasn’t as big of a threat now.

Inhaling the fresh air, Jean took Lisa’s soft hands and pulled her towards more inward of the large grassy plains.

Suddenly the air got a bit crisper, and chills shivered down Jean’s spine, Lisa also felt the same, shuddering slightly.
Their surrounding area also began to get dark despite being in the middle of a field under the sunlight. Lisa arched an eyebrow, confused.

“What is going on?” Lisa asked. Jean smirked and pointed upward. Lisa’s eyes drifted towards the sky and she immediately gasped, seeing a giant dark circle eclipsing the sun.

“W-what?” Lisa stuttered out. Jean chuckled, remembering having the same reaction when Ningguang showed her the place a month ago. Jean then stamped the ground a bit and pulled Lisa into her, wrapping her arms around the librarian’s waist.

“Hold on tight,” Jean whispered, and Lisa gulped, tightening her arms around Jean. Instantly, the ground began to lift, descending up into the sky.

“ARCHONS WHAT THE HELL!” Lisa cried out, shocked by the sudden movement. Jean held on tightly to Lisa, she too gets nervous about heights, but she tried her best to seem cool, wanting to be confident for her lady.

“Don’t worry, it’ll be over before you know it,” Jean says, and then it was over. The lift is rather quick, somehow able to rise hundreds of feet off the ground smoothly yet rapidly.

“Oh wow,” Lisa said, seeing the floating island as they stepped off the platform. Jean watched as Lisa made a few steps forward on the marble paving, in awe of the sight before her. “J-jean, where are we?” Lisa asked.

Jean chuckled again, smiling at the sight of Lisa’s cute curiosity, always making her heart warm.

“Welcome to the Jade Palace,” Jean said proudly. She walked forward, taking the lead as she guided Lisa through the floating island. “Ningguang introduced the place to me, it was an old project of hers, meant to be a summer home but then she kept expanding the land and now it became big enough to fit a school and numerous dorms,” Jean explained, pointing to the new school that was being built at the moment. Loud construction noises emitted from the area; Lisa was surprised to see the workers there.

“When did they get here?”

“A month ago,” Jean answered, holding Lisa’s hand as they briskly walked down the marble pavements of the place.

“I can’t believe that Ningguang is rich enough to finance all of this” Lisa said, gulping as she looked around at the large overarching structures.  

“Almost, Ayaka was able to come to terms with her parents and now she’s rich again. She also finances this along with Kokomi which is why you can see Inazuman architecture and plants alongside the Liyue structures,” Jean said, pointing to the shrines and Inazuman descent foliage blooming.

“W-wow, I’m honestly speechless Jean, I can’t believe you’ll be the principal again,” Lisa said. Jean nodded, patting Lisa’s arm. The past year had been weird for Genshin High, being mixed with an intensive move that decimated a town to an intensive explosion that decimated an archipelago region. Jean wasn’t ready just yet to give up on something she cherished, refusing to let an incredible idea go to waste.

“I’ll also be the superintendent as well, and I have plans to change things up, for the better,” Jean said. Lisa gasped, smiled brightly, leaning her head on Jean’s shoulder.

“This time, I hope to make it less stressful for the students, less focus on college and more on being a somewhat normal high school. This way, unity can be formed.” Jean declared, wishing to rid the school of the dastardly college acceptance requirements and so much more.

“I know you’ll do amazing sweetie,” Lisa said, and then cupping Jean’s cheek leaned upward for a kiss. Jean smiled in the kiss, feeling satisfied with her life.