Chapter 5.6

The music stops and the group all pause, breathing heavily and their bodies shaking physically to their breath. Sweat beaded across their bodies and face, shimmering in a smelly way. Xiao exhaled and inhaled through his mouth, scared to accidentally smell the sweat likely from the other groupmates.

The four members posed in silence, looking at themselves in the wall mirror, checking their forms, and making sure they are well. Then Venti broke the silence by exclaiming.

“Agh! We smell bad!” Venti exclaimed, collapsing to the ground while pinching his nose. He gagged, sticking out his tongue and separating himself from the group. The rest all laugh, Xiao pinching his nose to avoid dying of bad smells. His other group mates weren’t as clever as him sadly, succumbing to the sweat.

“Ack!” Kazuha exclaims, clutching his throat and dry heaving a bit.

“Oh-Agh!” Aether said, his eyes beading with tears and pinching his nose. Xiao took it as a sign that they smelled really bad and simply left the dance studio they rented at the community center. Opening the clear glass door and exiting, did he let go of his nostrils and breathed through his nose.

“Ah” Xiao sighed, breathing in fresh air from a nearby air conditioner. He could still hear the coughing and gagging of his other group mates, suffering and not understanding they too can leave the room. Taking another deep breath, he heads back into the dance room. He quickly spots Venti in a nearby corner, crying in anguish.  Xiao grabbed Venti and carried him bridal style out of the dance room, holding his breath to avoid his nose hairs from burning.

The two made it out of the dance room, leaving behind the other groupmates.

“Ah, so much better, thanks babe,” Venti says, taking in deep breaths of fresh air. He walks over to the nearby air conditioner, breathing it in. Xiao smirks, rolling his eyes and grabbing their stuff that was still inside the dance room. He took another deep breath, passed the anguished members, and grabbed Venti and his bags. Then he left, abandoning the members, shaking his leg to get rid of Aether’s grasp on his ankle.

“Thanks, babe,” Venti says, taking his drawstring bag that had a Windwheel aster on it. Xiao nodded, he then wrapped his arm around Venti’s shoulder, tucking him in closer to himself. Venti giggles, slightly red from the gesture, and nuzzles a bit against Xiao’s chest. The two left the community center, leaving behind the other single members in the awful dance studio, happily as a couple.

Later in the day, Xiao had finished taking a shower. He hummed a small tune and went to his room, wearing a pair of joggers while showing his underwear waistband with no shirt. In his room, Venti laid on his bed, scrolling on his phone. Having already showered, the two were clean and rid of gross odor smell.

“Hey, baby,” Xiao grunts, leaning against the doorway for a moment, wanting to show off his physique to make Venti flustered. Venti glanced his eyes over to Xiao. A slight blush crept up onto him. Then in a surprising turn of events, he positioned his phone to face the camera at Xiao and before Xiao could realize it, a click loudly went off.

“W-wait!” Xiao exclaimed, surprised that Venti took a picture.

“Am I not allowed to take hot pictures of my boyfriend, ehe?” Venti said, laughing. Xiao dashed over to Venti and picked him up, bridal style again. He got Venti close against his chest, feeling Venti’s smooth fingers brush against his nipples.

“Why to take a picture when you can look at me in the flesh,” Xiao said, leaning closely to Venti’s face and whispering in a deep voice. Venti gulped, then his eyes shifted to something else. Before he could respond, Venti filled the space and kissed him. Xiao let out a muffled noise, surprised but appreciative of the action.